Buying fuel..

so glad i use performance fuel seems too be a load of that left ... all the places near me that i checked had no petrol or diesel lol :worried:

Another thing that riles me about fuel costs...

I would completely understand and appreciate rising fuel costs if I heard something like "Shocking results as Shell Exxon release their quarterly profit to be £10,000,000 - thousands of staff to face job losses" but the fact of the matter is, Shell Exxon is the world's most valuable company and they make absurd amounts of profit quarter upon quarter (as do all the others) and continue to increase our fuel costs.

its not the companies profit on it....its the governments tax on it its like 80p/£1 goes to the government...

I haven't really had too much trouble, filled up yesterday with super (All that was left) and topped up again today as I've got a 300 mile journey to do on monday. First time drove straight up to the pump, second time waited about 2 mins.

I honestly think that the government have to make there end of year figures look good.. how better than to spark panic buying of fuel 3-4 days before the end of the month/end of quarter!.. just a thought

luckily over here in NI no one seems to care and when I got fuel the other day there was no one at the petrol station!

It's made me laugh today, all those people panic buying then they anounce that there will be no strike.

:rofl:

One local BP garage put his prices up by 5p a litre because of it all and now we find out there was no need.

Said on the news that petrol sales went up 170% yesterday :rofl:

How much money have the goverment just made :clap:

There's no V-Power at the three garages near to me, so unfortunately I've got half a tank of the good stuff and half a tank of regular.

I honestly can't believe the sheep mentality of the general public. If the end of the world was ever declared as imminent then at least half of the human race would be dead from sheer panic/stupidity before the comet/aliens got here to actually do the job. It's just beyond me, did people just read/watch the news for one day when that idiot was prattling on about filling your bath up or whatever bullsh!t he was coming out with and then chose not to keep up with current events for the rest of the week!?!

Personally I think it's all been a con to get the government and oil companies some extra pennies before the fiscal year ends this week... :wink:

Yeah it's a total joke, both the stations close to me had run out so I've had to fill up on regular as well. My van is running on fumes and nowhere had any diesel. It's a madness, there's people who do five miles a week filling ****ing jerry cans and I'm doing 650+ miles a week in the van and needing to fill up two/three times a week and having to queue! Yesterday it took over half an hour in the queue just to get in it the petrol station

Just been out, every petrol station in Burgess Hill has run dry, went to Hickstead services, they are open, have fuel and are quiet!!!

So I panic bought half a tank! :smile:

sounds like the tanker drivers dont need to go out on strike to prove their point.................:zap:

Three stations here all empty. I have half a tank for my road trip tomorrow....Not best pleased.

The government have now withdrawn their recommendation to fill up. The tanker drivers wont be striking at Easter so this means 2 weeks of supply (At least) before they consider a date to strike.

Its just a government ploy to get everyone to fill up whilst the price of fuel is at an all time high.

We have experienced long queues at our petrol stations since Thursday. I genuinely had one bar left on the Twingo so needed it, and yesterday we took a jont to Loch Lomond so again had to fill the Clio up, but the pumps had run dry of normal unleaded at most garages in our town.

Doesnt affect us as we use the super stuff but having to queue for petrol is a right nuisance.

Well i liked the fact that super unleaded fuel at Snetterton was cheaper than that on the garage forecourt..so filled up there after my trackday!

Just been and filled the Clio, not one person at the petrol station!

They had run out of regular and diesel lol

4 or 5 came in and pulled straight out again.....

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonlovesfrench Clio General Chat 4
C New Members 3
Merde Francais Clio 200T Area 0
T Clio 197 Area 1
mattrs182 Clio General Chat 14