Buying fuel..

What a nightmare.. All petrol stations near me are shut. Luckily I arrived at a Tesco that was just getting a delivery. Unfortunately my car is now filled with poverty spec unleaded fuel for my trip to Thorpe Park tomorrow.

Anyone else had a problem?

Am just heading for some, got half a tank but off to Blackpool on Friday and then if it's still on will be out on the Yorkshire driving meet saturday :smile:

My local Shell had totally sold out of normal fuel, there was just me and an evo filling up with V.

I don't see why people are stupidly buying it when they don't have a need for it, ie, to go to the shops etc. Its pathetic. Unless you have an actual need for it piss off back home. :swear:

...been in a delima all yesterday and today....car has half a tank so don't need to fill up, but I feel the need to 'panic' buy as well....so far have resisted the temptation, but I have a plan to go out at 6 am tomorrow moring to fill up....

I go to work at 5am dont see too many of the panic buying stoopid tw*ts at that time of the morning:whatever:

They think theres only one 5o'clock in a day

Oh and theres always super as they dont even realise it exists:tongueout:inky:

Just been to local shell station, no queue, had a delivery of super today too, its all a big panic over nothing

its damn near spastic. David Cameron and his stupid mouth. Might as well say dont panic everyone, but the germans are gonna try again.

T*at. blabbin on about buying petrol "if you get the chance" - i "get the chance" every day when i drive past a garage, but I dont need it because it will be there tomorrow, or the day after when i do need it. Now there will be a shortage because everybody has bought up all the fuel because you made them think the country was gonna grind to a halt because some lazy truck drivers having a moan about his **** job.

Petrol sales up 80% yesterday, guess whos making an extra large cut on al the petrol being bought thats not needed.

Im sorry, but if I saw David Cameron in the street, I'd run the f*ck*r over.

I don't understand though cos they have to give 7 days notice before a strike and there having a meeting on Monday. So if they choose to strike, it won't be untill next Monday. Is this correct?

What I don't understand is, that if all you lot, everyone I know and everyone they know thinks it is silly, then who the hell are all these people buying the fuel?!?!

Here is what I was faced with on my drive at lunch time. A blocked road and two islands because people are retards.

6882439718_ae012efb61_z.png
Panic Buying Fuel by Tom Cash, on Flickr

The crazy thing is, if there are strikes, there needs to be a 7 day notice peroid! So even if I filled up today in sheer "panic" I'd be low/empty by the time of the strike anyway.... This will happen again in the next few weeks, should the strikes go ahead.

Also, this act of desperation just proves to the Government how needy we are for fuel, justifying the current rise in fuel and any futher ones.

It's almost like it's a test - "They keep complaining about fuel prices - let's see how much it REALLY bothers them"...

Also, this act of desperation just proves to the Government how needy we are for fuel, justifying the current rise in fuel and any futher ones.

It's almost like it's a test - "They keep complaining about fuel prices - let's see how much it REALLY bothers them"...

Thats a very good point, this country is ****ed if we did run out of fuel. Another thing that annoyed me the other day was it showed you a map of Uk where all the petrol is made. Theres loads of these places?! Thought they kept bumping the prices up because t was being imported in!

Apparently with all the people buuying fuel on Wednesday alone the government will have made an extra est £32M in tax.

Not a bad days work

What concerns me more is, in future they wont even bother giving us warning due to these retards. Its almost like a test, and we have failed.

"Theres an impending bombing by <insert bad guys> we should warn people to avoid XYZ cities" ".... actually lets not bother you know what will happen"

Another thing that riles me about fuel costs...

I would completely understand and appreciate rising fuel costs if I heard something like "Shocking results as Shell Exxon release their quarterly profit to be £10,000,000 - thousands of staff to face job losses" but the fact of the matter is, Shell Exxon is the world's most valuable company and they make absurd amounts of profit quarter upon quarter (as do all the others) and continue to increase our fuel costs.

Another thing that riles me about fuel costs...

I would completely understand and appreciate rising fuel costs if I heard something like "Shocking results as Shell Exxon release their quarterly profit to be £10,000,000 - thousands of staff to face job losses" but the fact of the matter is, Shell Exxon is the world's most valuable company and they make absurd amounts of profit quarter upon quarter (as do all the others) and continue to increase our fuel costs.

It doesn't help with all the tax on it either!

but even still, if you make £30bn in the 1st quarter of the year Im sure they could easily half the price and still get by.

GET BY ON 15 BILLION!?!?!?!

ARE YOU MAD?!?!!

THEY'LL BE DRIVING RENAULTS LIKE US MERE MORTALS IF THEY CARRY ON AT SUCH A PROPOSTEROUSLY LOW AMOUNT OF PROFIT LIKE 15B!

Boy, Graeme, you are sure lucky I am not a mod. I would have banned yo' ass for such a ludicrous and thoughtless comment like that.

:rofl:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonlovesfrench Clio General Chat 4
C New Members 3
Merde Francais Clio 200T Area 0
T Clio 197 Area 1
mattrs182 Clio General Chat 14