Brakes binding

The last couple of mornings my handbrake seems to be binding a bit.

As I go backwards off the drive I hear a clunk as they release then all is fine.

They seem to be sticking a bit more than anything i've had before.

Anyone else have the same?

it might just be the brakes mate,

mine does this after i have washed it, i keep mine in the garage and i dont use the handbrake. ?

If its rained over night they tend to do it, mine do. If you can, leave the handbrake off and put it in gear. Depends how level your drive is though.

damp weather will be causing the disc face to rust and this makes the pads stick and also produces a small ridge of rust to form on the surface - a good warming up of the brakes should have them cleaned up - but if you can leave it in-gear with the h/brake off - i do as mines in the garage :thumbup1:

Think its just the pads rusting to the disc. Always happened to me and wound me up so now just leave it in gear instead of using the handbrake. ( Obviously not on an incline though lol. )

get the same here, also watch out pressurewashing your rear wheels now when the temperatures go below 0 C - the water has made its way to the handbrake lines and when it froze I had my right rear wheel totaly locked..... almost got my disc and pad burning once cause it didnt want to let go :wink:

damp weather will be causing the disc face to rust and this makes the pads stick and also produces a small ridge of rust to form on the surface - a good warming up of the brakes should have them cleaned up - but if you can leave it in-gear with the h/brake off - i do as mines in the garage :thumbup1:

I agree with fox. :thumbup1: