Best brake pads for all round use

I have a new set of front DS2500 pads in the garage and am swithering whether or not to stick them on the car when the rears are getting done. Only problem is, I stripped the fronts and theres still 75% meat left on the current pads.

I think it really depends on what you've experienced before. DS2500 bite is better than most (if not all) standard pads but if you've experienced a proper track pad then you'll probably be a little disapointed in the DS2500

Are DS2500 a good pad to run with standard disc's then ? I'm looking at doing trackdays next year and just don't want to much fade.

I don't have experience with anything track and don't really no what to expect when it comes to the brakes fadeing.

Are DS2500 a good pad to run with standard disc's then ? I'm looking at doing trackdays next year and just don't want to much fade.

I don't have experience with anything track and don't really no what to expect when it comes to the brakes fadeing.
Just save your money stay standard

What is the difference between standard pads and DS Performance? (Not DS2500 but old DS2000). They are cheaper than DS2500 and to be honest i don't like to think about warming pads and DS2500 should to be warmed to see have good they are, yes?

Cheers and sorry for English :tongue_smilie:

Honestly, people need to look into using mintex's! Amazing feel and fade free performance (I use mintex discs and pads). Plus good price, cost me £370 for discs and pads on the front. Might be bit extreme for OP though.

What is the difference between standard pads and DS Performance? (Not DS2500 but old DS2000). They are cheaper than DS2500 and to be honest i don't like to think about warming pads and DS2500 should to be warmed to see have good they are, yes?

Cheers and sorry for English :tongue_smilie:

DS2500 are pretty much as good cold as they are warm. No need to warm them up at all

Honestly, people need to look into using mintex's! Amazing feel and fade free performance (I use mintex discs and pads). Plus good price, cost me £370 for discs and pads on the front. Might be bit extreme for OP though.

I use mintex a lot for track and fast road pads. the M1155 compound is fantastic

However if you're not going on track, an OE quality standard pad is more than enough. From memory this is about £165 for Pagid so a bit different to what you paid :wink: I'll have a look in the new year, I think you overpaid for the Mintex too.

DS2500 are pretty much as good cold as they are warm. No need to warm them up at all

cant agree on that! whilst i find they "work" they are far better once warm/hot - first application feels a bit dead/wooden if you like to me

i have gone down the buttertubs and other steep places at a fair rate of knots and when nearing the end of the tubs run i find that i am having to back off the pedal due to the bite they provide - as when i had "standard" it was the other way round :innocent:

I use mintex a lot for track and fast road pads. the M1155 compound is fantastic

However if you're not going on track, an OE quality standard pad is more than enough. From memory this is about £165 for Pagid so a bit different to what you paid :wink: I'll have a look in the new year, I think you overpaid for the Mintex too.

I run 1144's, are they less extreme than the 1155's? £370 was including fitment at amd, what would you charge out of interest for next time lol

I run 1144's, are they less extreme than the 1155's? £370 was including fitment at amd, what would you charge out of interest for next time lol

1144's are road pads really. 1155's are a lot more agressive.

as I said I'll have to check with suppliers in the new year now, but it would have been under £300 fitted if you didn't need pins