Best brake pads for all round use

Depends what you use them for mate, take it you're upgrading instead of needing a replacement?

I have DS2500 on mine which are popular on here (cheapest by far is the group buy on here as you've posted in), but if you don't plan on doing track days then I found the standard brembo pads fine. They can be had for under £40 for fronts on gsf, more if you want the same with a Renault stamp.

No point upgrading rears IMO.

normal road use - standard front and rear (yearly full front and rear strip/service keeps them tip top)

fast road odd track day - ds2500 fronts rear standard (again yearly service)

track days....take your pick loads of pads to go for - rears wouldnt bother with to be honest as they dont do a lot of work and if the pad is to "hard" it will struggle mot time!

apart from the price and the fact they feel very wooden to use

Ill agree to a certain extent. I think the biggest "issue" I find with the DS2500s is the lack of initial bite.

Other than that they are a superb pad and can take a very good hammering.

Ill agree to a certain extent. I think the biggest "issue" I find with the DS2500s is the lack of initial bite.

Other than that they are a superb pad and can take a very good hammering.

strange that mate as i find the initial bite brilliant,i can't fault them...

i have heard good things about pagid as well from the local guy who does all my work,i run pagid rear discs and pads

strange that mate as i find the initial bite brilliant,i can't fault them...

i have heard good things about pagid as well from the local guy who does all my work,i run pagid rear discs and pads

Might be the combo of disc, pad and fluid that's causing the lack of feel of initial bite.

Might be the combo of disc, pad and fluid that's causing the lack of feel of initial bite.

possiby mate,all 4 corners of mine are getting stripped,clean and lubed on the 17th,the garage has recommended the fluid is ok as its only 14 months old but i'm going to put new in,just a little thing i have as i think it makes the difference

Last edited: