Best upgrade for brakes

I want to take my 197 on the track whats the best upgrade for the brakes ,i also want a bolt in cage and up grade the suspension what options are open to me.

DS2500/3000 pads, OEM Drilled brembo discs up front, and some rear pads. To get the best out of the front brakes, have them rebuilt/serviced properly, no point in chucking money at parts if you're not going to get the best out of them.

I have bilstein b14 coilovers and love them for street, yet to use them on track but heard good things. It depends how hardcore you want to go, most will say KW v3 or similar but I won't touch KW due to numerous issues on previous cars, that's just MY opinion.

Rollcage, safety devices. Speak to mark fish, he's the man. http://markfish.co.uk/workshop-services/

There's plenty more people on here that'll chime in with great advice.

the oem are decent stuff tbh...
im using samko's rotors and ferodo ds performance pads - front
rear-oem.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pad wise I'd go for front Ferodo DS1.11 or Pagid RS29, rear pad a mild upgrade say Mintex M1144 or similar, front disks Brembo HC, braided lines and decent fluid.

Suspension - Bilstein B14 kit would be a good choice, with Simo or Compbrake top-mounts

Rear cage - SD via Mark Fish or get one made by SW motorsport or Tom Johnson over on the cliosport forum

My car is just a road car, I have Brembo HC discs on the front with ds 1.11 pads, rear K Tec black discs & ds2500 pads - I also had by calipers rebuilt & cleaned up and what a difference that made.

The above advice seemed to be also aimed at track cars, it stops superbly now - the ds 1.11 pads do have some squeal to them, but the stopping power does it for me!.

My car is just a road car, I have Brembo HC discs on the front with ds 1.11 pads, rear K Tec black discs & ds2500 pads - I also had by calipers rebuilt & cleaned up and what a difference that made.

The above advice seemed to be also aimed at track cars, it stops superbly now - the ds 1.11 pads do have some squeal to them, but the stopping power does it for me!.

What did the rebuild and clean consist of mate ? I've just started buying bits to do a full refresh on the brakes and heard a lot of people have had the seals changed or something but I'm not too clued up.. Might as well get everything done while I'm at it if it's not a fortune!

Reactions: kevlar
What did the rebuild and clean consist of mate ? I've just started buying bits to do a full refresh on the brakes and heard a lot of people have had the seals changed or something but I'm not too clued up.. Might as well get everything done while I'm at it if it's not a fortune!

Google big red, they have rebuild kits and also rebuild if you don't fancy it yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: matt9566

Would love to say i did them, but that would be a lie.

I had mine stripped, cleaned, new mr pink pins and pad retaining clip (?), all new seals, pistons were all fine, new pads and discs.

The seal kit i bought from ebay seller, quite a few people on here also used them:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clio-Spor...pe:200&hash=item4d4601edcd:g:XhYAAOSwfIxZX~DC

Welcome along Lee. Good advice already for you, and there is plenty of options for you as you can see. It does largely depend what budget you've got, but the good news is there are upgrades for the different amounts you might want to spend.

Reactions: kevlar
Google big red, they have rebuild kits and also rebuild if you don't fancy it yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Would love to say i did them, but that would be a lie.

I had mine stripped, cleaned, new mr pink pins and pad retaining clip (?), all new seals, pistons were all fine, new pads and discs.

The seal kit i bought from ebay seller, quite a few people on here also used them:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clio-Sport-RS-197-200-Front-brake-caliper-repair-kits-Nipples-Brembo-B40038-2-/331887013325?fits=Model:Clio|Cars+Type:200&hash=item4d4601edcd:g:XhYAAOSwfIxZX~DC

Brilliant stuff lads! Thanks very much, I'll make some enquiries.