BBC killing the best stuff .....

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
Is it just me, or are the male viewers being increasingly alienated from the BBC? All the good programmes are being cut and replaced with absolute ****e! I don't want to see so called celebs dancing around, I don't wish to hear people singing either - thats what radio is for.

Progs killed over the last few years:

Spooks - best drama ever
F1 - now only showing 10 races live
Robin Hood - bit cheesy but I liked it!
Hustle - now in its last ever series :bye2:

TopGear has got worse over the past few years as well. And when it is on we only ever seem to get about 6 episodes, whereas the yank version gets nearly 20! Ok the 1st series was a bit cack, but the second one currently being shown on BBC3 is a big improvement.

Now we will get the Olympics rammed down our throats for the next 6 months, not to mention the most boring tournament of all - Wimbledon! And NO, Andy Murray will not win this year !

Licence fee is a rip off, I watch more on Discovery / History than I do BBC.

RANT OVER.

Agree on all points. Top Gear USA is now better than the UK version. And when you look at all the stuff the BBC channels show its shocking how kak it all is.

Was disappointed in losing F1 but as we have Sky and they look to be splashing the cash on everything F1 it looks like it could be good for the sport.

I hope so, I am getting rid of Sky Sports and upgrading to HD especially for the F1

I wasn't too chuff with the F1 going to sky thing but they advertise the race is going to uninterrupted which was great as it was total cack watching it when itv used to have it.

Top Gear has really gone down hill and i agree about the extremely short series.

Top Gear USA is great but their track is just hopeless & has anyone noticed that all the american cars are the top of their leader board :lol:

I wasn't too chuff with the F1 going to sky thing but they advertise the race is going to uninterrupted which was great as it was total cack watching it when itv used to have it.

Top Gear has really gone down hill and i agree about the extremely short series.

Top Gear USA is great but their track is just hopeless & has anyone noticed that all the american cars are the top of their leader board :lol:

Yeah. Vette faster than the 458? Al crack the jokes lol.

Is TG USA really that good now?? I watched the first two episodes and got really hacked off with the presenters bashing everything that wasn't American... :@

What is it with programmes like Eastenders getting unquestioned funding but whenever TG comes around they get slated for spending...

Is TG USA really that good now?? I watched the first two episodes and got really hacked off with the presenters bashing everything that wasn't American... :@

What is it with programmes like Eastenders getting unquestioned funding but whenever TG comes around they get slated for spending...

Every country's top gear will always support their country's car makers?

To the degree of disregarding everything else and swinging the results in their favour?

That isn't a car program it is communism LOL!

Dunno what you're on about. They bought back Ab Fab this year.

Worth the license fee alone. :bounce:

The Twingo Episode of TG turned me wildly against it. The specials, well the South America one was ok, the rest were utter pathetic crap.

The one thing the BBC does better than anyone else is documentaries. Do you not think that Life in the Freezer (with the thieving penguins :smile::smile: ), Wonders of the Universe, Wonders of the Solar System were nothing short of bloody amazing???

The Twingo Episode of TG turned me wildly against it. The specials, well the South America one was ok, the rest were utter pathetic crap.
I actually quite liked the Twingo episode. Yes it was stupid and unfunny, but at least you got to see a fun little car being ragged about a bit.

The one thing the BBC does better than anyone else is documentaries. Do you not think that Life in the Freezer (with the thieving penguins :smile::smile: ), Wonders of the Universe, Wonders of the Solar System were nothing short of bloody amazing???

Completely agree that the Planet and Wonders series are truly brilliant but they are 6-8 hours of programming over the course of a year, doesn't make up for it IMO! :huh:

Completely agree that the Planet and Wonders series are truly brilliant but they are 6-8 hours of programming over the course of a year, doesn't make up for it IMO! :huh:

well said, totally agree. They are great series, I have all the box sets on bluray, but we need more male orientated stuff. Too many antiques variations, home shows, singing and dancing and crappy soaps like Enders, Holby city and casualty

Sky is the best for documentaries tbh.

I would agree with that Noddie. Sky1 has had the Ross Kemp series, an Idiot Abroad is excellent also. Discovery, History and Nat Geo have some of the best programming on telly, and they are virtually all from the states

i seem to only watch quest at the mo. ive only got freeview so you get dribbles of good discovery programs, id happily watch mythbusters for days lol

i think we should be able to opt out of the tv licence. I dont watch the BBC, if it went bust i really wouldnt care. They offer nothing for entertainment value. If your 65 years old, have an unhealthy obsession with Eastenders and like watching people make an ass of themselves on talent shows then I bet its the best thing since sliced bread. But im not, dont and its not.

Down with the BBC!!!