Back In

Hope so!

And yes, totally long winded, totally unnecessary.

Foxspeed, are you a Renault Tech? If not....why not lol

ah no not renault....just worked and trained on many different types of vehicle over the years and use that experience to best effect whenever i can :chair:

Last edited:
Are these people dealing with your car thick?? Can't believe the problems you've had, can't believe how patient you have been, I'd be pulling out my hair by now lol.

My car is going in Saturday to have it looked over in regards to steering rack, mine feels as if its slipping as well and is noticeably knocking!

Oh it drives me mad.

The misses has been trying to get me to swap cars for ages now as she cant deal with a moody Lee lol.

Im not balding yet though thank god. Its hard. I want to scream and shout, i want to drive the car through the dealership window BUT ultimately they are boss. You go to RUK and they only go by what the dealership says.

Yes its hassle, and it shouldnt have been this difficult. But atleast im getting somewhere.

Ill take bets on what fails next? My guessing is the box or clutch.

car on a ramp and find an issue within 10 minutes just highlights an incompetency within your workforce

I wouldn't send that. Calling them incompetent is not going to help things,

I would have sent that, it's true.

Having just stripped a clio down to component form it would take less than 10 mins to disconect the rack from the colum by removing the pinch bolt under the carpet were the rack spindle comes through the bulkhead.

Then on a ramp you'd be able to see/hear if the rack itself was making the 'knock' thus eliminating one or the other.

Can't see what part of the colum is bonded, unless its the electric motor to the colum itself, all the parts i've removed have been bolted.

Through your other post in another thread i can see which part is bonded, the two halves of the lower link between the power steering and the rack itself.

Yea its the pinch bolt clamp bit they bonded, just under the carpet in the footwell. Used to be a common issue on the Scenic/Megane apparently.

Well, dropped car off last night.

Had a peek at the screen whilst the bloke was sorting the courtesy car, lets just say im glad its not me footing the bill for the column and epas.

...... and we all know that after that video....the column isnt the culpret

Well, dropped car off last night.

Had a peek at the screen whilst the bloke was sorting the courtesy car, lets just say im glad its not me footing the bill for the column and epas.

...... and we all know that after that video....the column isnt the culpret

so its 6 or 7th time lucky then :poke::tongueout:anic:

Hopefully it'll get sorted for you mate. Like you say, at least they're paying the bill! Do you get vibrations/wobble through the wheel?

Yea i was. Felt like the wheels just had a mind of their own.

Got it back. Bit hard to tell if the steering is any better in gale force winds (especially as i live in the Fens so no hills to ease the wind)

Drove in this morning with the lift share, felt real heavy still but that may be because it had 4 adults in it.

Havent heard it knock yet. But it feels tighter...then again i did 150 miles in the courtesy **** box.

Will see over the weekend....off to Donny for BTCC.

It's threads like these that make me happy (?) I forked over 600 euros for the extended 5 year warranty.

Hope all is well with your Clio Marshall. Let us know of any developments!

I have just helped my mate a rack on his renault traffic, easyish if your handy with a spanner, so don't think it's down to the clio - i'm guessing over a range of vehicles!! it was the smallest play in the rack but knocked like fudge going side to side!

£400 for the part with a £160 + VAT Surcharge - so not the end of the world (Eurocar Parts)

I would love to know was my symptoms are very similar but currently have the car booked in for a new rack yet the steering is also feeling increasingly heavy pointing me towards the PAS.