Average age and insurance ...

21, 4 years NCB, 4 years driving, no points. £875 this year with Churchill. Was about £120 cheaper than the second cheapest quote.

30, full NCB (10+ years), driving since '97. No points, 2k claim 4 years ago

£380 fully comp with protected NCB and exhaust modification declared

I'm with Admiral 23 years old 6 years no claims £510 fully comp, naming a parent as an additional driver swiped £160 off!

19 no ncb as named driver previously. No points and never had a crash. £2150 fully comp which I think is not bad considering over a year ago it was £1200 for a 1.0 corsa

22 now, 1 crashed two years ago... two years ncb total cost £1,600 would have been £2400 if it wasnt a Clio F1 the standard 197 was a lot dearer to insure!! no points access to high to say.. :worried:

Last edited:
26, 4 years no claims, 3 points (off in oct) £714 fully como all mods declared.

24, 6 pts, 4yrs NCB - £670 Fully Comp - Admiral

Not looking good for next year, even though nothing has happened to me this year. Note, the 200 is cheaper to insure than the 197. Weird

after much searching the cheapest I can find insurance for me is:

Age 34
No Points
No Claims
8 Years NCB

- £490 with ... wait for it .....so ironic this ...."The Green Company" ....

haha, probably one of the least green cars still in production :smile:

20 1 years driving experience - £2,000(ish)

Just because you have been driving for longer it doesn't make you a better driver. Its down to the person behind the wheel at the end of the day, you can't just judge somebody on just their age.

Last edited:
20, with 3 years no claims and no points, and heres the but and it is a VERY big but,
£3000 exactly! ;/

But have a 57 punto and only pay £800 for that so that cheers me up a little.
Can't understand why mine is so high compare to people of a similar age to me! :glare:

the fat singing man just found me a quote of £491 with £500 excess (5yrs NCD and 6Pts) - £60 extra ontop of that for declaring chassie pack and dark glass. :scared: still pissed at that extra £60

20, with 3 years no claims and no points, and heres the but and it is a VERY big but,
£3000 exactly! ;/

But have a 57 punto and only pay £800 for that so that cheers me up a little.
Can't understand why mine is so high compare to people of a similar age to me! :glare:

Jesus mesus!

Guess yours is a 200, but you have two years more claims than me and mine is still 1k cheaper!

Thinking about it, i think mine was near enough 3k before i put it on multicar with my mum dad and brothers cars.

Jesus mesus!

Guess yours is a 200, but you have two years more claims than me and mine is still 1k cheaper!

Thinking about it, i think mine was near enough 3k before i put it on multicar with my mum dad and brothers cars.

Yea its a 200. Am not moaning about it! I wanted that car and if that what the insurance is, then that is what it is!
My motto is you only get one shot at life, and you can't take it with you when you have gone! So what the hell! :smile:

Yea its a 200. Am not moaning about it! I wanted that car and if that what the insurance is, then that is what it is!
My motto is you only get one shot at life, and you can't take it with you when you have gone! So what the hell! :smile:

Exactly what I say to people when they moan about how stupid I am for paying so much on insurance. Personally if you can afford to buy the car, you may as well pay the insurance that goes with it.

Its like buying a big house instead of a flat. Everything else costs more, not just the price of the house. :wink:

Its like buying a big house instead of a flat. Everything else costs more, not just the price of the house. :wink:[/QUOTE]

Dam good metaphor!