Average speed camera help

M

Mentalpen

Ok so ive just gone through a set, hit the limiter and accidentally set it too 60, grrrr any way I noticed after the next camera and slowed to 50 for the rest of the way.

So the question is, Is it calculated over the 10 I traveled 1 at 60 and 9 at 50 an I get a ticket or 10 at 50 so I'm fine?

You should be fine mate, they're usually grouped in twos or threes as people will get on and off at junctions etc.. Was it on the M62 by any chance? They're set a fair bit over 50 on that stretch anyway as far as I know, although the limit is 50 like you say...

Yeah I'm at white rose now. I'm a real stickler for the limit as well, grrrrr

Just didn't see 50 in stead of 60 and only thought why is everyone doing 40ish and looked down lol.

Hahaha!!! As long as you caught it quickly and duped below 50 for a few hundred metres after it then you should be fine!!! :smile:

Not all of them work, there are only a handful actually connected to anything - I imagine the ones with spotlights....

When they were installed there were no cables laid along the length of the motorway, so there can't be anything connecting them all, makes it hard to get an 'average'.

That's what I'm hoping. I've gone from the entering to the first one at 60 on the speedo (58 actual?) to the next one, then the rest at 50 (48?) so I'm guessing I averaged 52 (50 actual) over it all till I came off.

First ever offence can do an awareness course if so?

You'll be right mate, as a white van man lol I do 57 (55) all the way through only slowing for the ones with the spot lights

I guess we will find out 2 weeks?

You can then contribute as a way of thanks for finding out for you all

Good news, looked in the way back and the first camera had been removed so I hit the first camera at 60 then immediately slowed to 50 so I'm ok.

Live and learn, always double check what you set the limiter/CC to.

Thanks anyway.

I don't know if they are a deterant or not but the do seem to slow the traffic down but i've never heard of anyone getting done with these cameras.

I've heard that if you change lanes between cameras they can't get you. Is this actually true?

I dont think so.

I belive what happens, or whats supposed to happen is it recognises your plate with a time code, if you get to the next location before a set time your over the limit so i'd say it's on a database not on just say two cameras.

Allways makes me laugh when you see someone shoot towards the camera and brake, then shoot off towards the next camera.

If ya tailgate a wagon its supposed to not be able to get ya registration plate....

But in all honesty, tailgate a wagon and crash..... slow down and just stick to speed limit, I know which am doing lol

If ya tailgate a wagon its supposed to not be able to get ya registration plate....

But in all honesty, tailgate a wagon and crash..... slow down and just stick to speed limit, I know which am doing lol

I've had to do this once. I thought the cameras had finished to dropped a few cogs and gunned it.
Nearly soiled myself when I saw another camera coming in the distance so had to plant myself onto the back of a lorry!

Regularly sat at 60 (58) in the 133 on the M25 section near Thurrock when I was working in Essex. I know of people who got fines for doing more but I never had a problem. I'm pretty sure for 50 mph they set them between 62 and 65 to catch the people that don't slow at all.

The guys that brake at cameras and speed up between make me laugh too. They clearly don't understand the concept of an average.

I can confirm they use number plate recognition and set time intervals and I believe it's three cameras or two splits that are need to determine that you are over.

As other have said, most aren't connected. Just like all the variable speed limit gantry cameras on the M25. They are just there to deter you. Zero convictions in nearly 10 years on those cameras - it was in the news last month.

That's what I'm hoping. I've gone from the entering to the first one at 60 on the speedo (58 actual?) to the next one, then the rest at 50 (48?) so I'm guessing I averaged 52 (50 actual) over it all till I came off.

First ever offence can do an awareness course if so?

I've heard that there just normal speed cameras as getting an average is too hard..... Don't bite my head off, it's only what I've heard. Also on the m62 there is a couple with the spot lights, but some don't.

saying you 'do' get caught, if you send the form back the same day and you were only a couple of mile over the speedlimit, then your more than likley to get the awareness course! The most Boring thing of your life! But stops you from having the 3 points and no need to tell your insurance!