Astra VXR

Nice looking actually. I bet those wheels and seats won't be standard though!

Love it. Though it will be very pricey.

Good to see Vx taking the hot hatch game seriously at last. Now designing a car to be fast and handle as opposed to just sticking a mad engine in a virtually "normal road car" chassis ie. current astra VXR.

"There's no word on prices as yet, but we would bet against somewhere around the £25k mark when it goes on sale next year - putting it head to head with the new Ford Focus ST and Megane Renaultsport (both of which it will comfortably outgun)."

And they can back this statement up with ...

Like to see how it fairs against megane trophy, still think megane will be the better car tbh, dont mind the new Astra though, I think the old one looked poop!

Love it. Though it will be very pricey.

Good to see Vx taking the hot hatch game seriously at last. Now designing a car to be fast and handle as opposed to just sticking a mad engine in a virtually "normal road car" chassis ie. current astra VXR.

Couldn't agree more. I was never a fan of the old Astra VXR nor the GSI before that but I particularly like the design of this one and what with a proper bit of thinking going into the handling I reckon it'll be abit of a cracker.

The suspension is supposedly very good, while the overall chassis might not match the Megane it could leave the Meg trailing.

Will be interesting to see a full road/track test.

Vauxhall just need to realise chrome went out in the 50's......

I love the photos of it and @ nearly 280bhp at the wheels it'll be a bit of a monster even though i would prefer a Audi S3 :tongueout:

Although I've now got a 5 door performance car, it is good to see that GM are making a new 3 door and not ditching it in favour of 5 door only. But they are marketing it as a coupe rather than 3 door Astra and putting it against the likes of the Scirrocco. It might be more interesting when Ford release the new coupe. Are they calling it the Probe or are they using another name?

Tbf that does look a lot better than the last one. With those new upgrades in he handling department it looks to be a sweet motor. 280bhp!

Looks good, should be a decent motor if they sort the handling.

I think it actually looks better than the Megane, it doesnt look like they just stuck on the body kit.

i think its looks great and seems like vauxhall have actually thought about it before they make it could very well be my next car

Looks great will be a good car if the handlings alot better if this is sorted should do well against all the cars the now like the megane and focus etc.

good looking car and nice amount of power (although 300bhp would have been nice)

would much rather the megane trophy though anyday.

Similar Thread Suggestions