Astra VXR

Right i know this is a Vauxhall, but this was my old car and i have copied and pasted this over.

So I set out to clean the car today even though the weather was against me.
The car hasn't been washed since December,(when I bought it) and has done 2,500miles since then so you could imagine the state of the car with all the bad weather we have been having

I do apologise inadvance as I do not have many pictures due to time and the weather being against me

I started off with a wash of the car which brought me to the true state of what all the dirt was hiding

This is all the tar what was hidden under the dirt and was litrelly all over the car
temporary_zpscpgs6roa.jpg
temporary_zpsep9igssh.jpg
temporary_zpsprxit5en.jpg
temporary_zpsi6edgobp.jpg
temporary_zpswbpgysjo.jpg
temporary_zpsqa8uxtni.jpg
temporary_zpsbw5afnwo.jpg
temporary_zpsphyptczd.jpg
The car does need some paint in places especially the sideskirts as the lacquer has come off and also they are cracked, the last owner also tried to touch some of the paint work up which explains the white splodges on the car:censored:

As you can see plenty of tar I had to remove and it took me approx 2 hours to remove most of the tar from the car

The sills needed a good clean, good old g101 doing its magic
temporary_zpsqofhusxo.jpg

And finally some after shots
temporary_zpsjrcj4sna.jpg
temporary_zpspmomzght.jpg
temporary_zpsa10qnocg.jpg
temporary_zpsn0tpce4r.jpg
temporary_zps5ugfwobr.jpg
temporary_zpssi6wxnqm.jpg
temporary_zpslk75kiaa.jpg
temporary_zps4proxm5l.jpg
temporary_zpsj6bqzhm0.jpg
temporary_zps4an8yhcb.jpg
temporary_zpsre0pw8mn.jpg
temporary_zpszfnfok3q.jpg
temporary_zps7fj9sr0a.jpg
temporary_zps5ugfwobr.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics but they was all took of my windows phone

Reactions: sevenfourate
That tar stuff keeps popping up on my car and it's an absolute :censored:'in nightmare to clean off!!

Nice job on the cleaning tho, I do like the Astra VXRs, something about them just makes them look proper mean!

Good work with the detailing - the joys of having a black car is at least the tar spots don't show up easily :ninja:

I do like those VXRs too - was that the Nurburgring edition you had, or just the decals? How do you like the 197 in comparison?

I have used Tardis for tar removal but found it a bit too strong neat. I prefer using AG intensive tar remover in a spray bottle. Like the look of that model Astra VXR compared to the new ones.

Good work with the detailing - the joys of having a black car is at least the tar spots don't show up easily :ninja:

I do like those VXRs too - was that the Nurburgring edition you had, or just the decals? How do you like the 197 in comparison?

Yes was the nurburgring model i had.

Astra VXR:
Was faster than the clio, seemed to spin its wheels alot more though too.
Nice sound from the arctic exhaust
Not the best in the corners
i like the N/A Cars better than turbo's
Gearshifts was long

Clio 197:
Not as fast as the VXR
Better round the twists.
Seems just the right amount of power for the car

Hard to say really as they are 2 completely different cars, although i liked them both, i do seem to enjoy the clio alot more.

Reactions: Jimmy

Similar Thread Suggestions