Anyone ordered a new 200 via PCP recently?

As I'm considering my options currently regarding the 200 and am struggling to get what I'm after on budget used, I'm considering keeping the cash in the bank and just pcping.

Just wondering what sort of deals are about and would appreciate anyone's input on this either here or via pm.

Cheers

To be honest you're probably just better off waiting for a used one. I was going to buy new but the deals aren't great anymore to be honest, I was going to get a new Racing Blue CUP but I ended up getting a 09 Full Fat in Liquid Yellow for £6,500 less than the "deal" they were offering me on an exact same spec CUP (bar the paint)

I'll PM you the best prices they offered me.

Last edited:
To be honest you're probably just better off waiting for a used one. I was going to buy new but the deals aren't great anymore to be honest, I was going to get a new Racing Blue CUP but I ended up getting a 09 Full Fat in Liquid Yellow for £6,500 less than the "deal" they were offering me on an exact same spec CUP (bar the paint)

I'll PM you the best prices they offered me.

Cheers mate

You can get a great used one for 11k so id buy used .

An ive just brought a new one for 19K+ !!!!!

Lesson learnt

Just struggling to find one with recaros loads of FF cup Packs on Autotrader etc. For circa 10-11 grand but none have Recaros.. Which are a must for me. Then the Mae cars with Recaros are starting at about 12 grand...

Also not sure I fancy white anymore maybe black but really starting to lean towards a storm grey which are pretty rare

You can get a great used one for 11k so id buy used .

An ive just brought a new one for 19K+ !!!!!

Lesson learnt

Your surprised by this?! Renaultsport, like the rest of the range don't hold thier value at all!

No not really , i / we ( brought two silverstone editions at the same time )

A nd wanted new for maximum warrenty and dealer support etc plus i do 2000 miles a month ish lol

No not really , i / we ( brought two silverstone editions at the same time )

A nd wanted new for maximum warrenty and dealer support etc plus i do 2000 miles a month ish lol

Warrenty? Your remapped, soon to be exhausted, brake lines, brake fluid, pads etc?

Paying brand new car prices only work if you plan on keeping the car for a very long time (Which we hope to do).

Warrenty? Your remapped, soon to be exhausted, brake lines, brake fluid, pads etc?

Something have gone to plan others have not . :smile:

I was in a position to buy new so thought why not .

As you know having recently had a gear box change with all your mods is not always clean cut is it now . . .

Also, nothing beats knowing that your the first one to drive/kane it (Other than the Frechies that built it lol).

Also, nothing beats knowing that your the first one to drive/kane it (Other than the Frechies that built it lol).

I think another thing is knowing that i run it in i was so strick with the program i followed and the car now feels great :smile:

Plus im the only on who has farted in my recaros LMFAO

I've had a car from a main dealer that was a bad accident damage repaired, a genuine car from a neighbour that blew itself up after 3 days and when I went into local garage I was told my friendly neighbour had it pressure tested and got rid.... And a mint BMW with full history that was majorly clocked.

Buying new does have its draw backs with cost but ya know that the day ya get it, there is no nasty surprises, mine comes Thursday and I got 5 years 0% and a decent deal, it's easy to budget and no servicing to pay for 4 years with the 4+ so hoping its worth the money for piece of mind

Despite everyone and their brother telling me to buy used I purchased two brand new cars last year and can tell you that PCP and new cars is a massive mistake.

I lost £4,000 in 5 months on my 1.2 Clio...

£2,000 deposit.
5 monthly payments of £180 ish.
Sell up at the end, car is £1,000 off estimated value.

All in all - £12,000 car in May became a £7,000 car by December - and I only put 5,000 miles on it.

A similar story with my VW - which should have held it's value better. Purchased at £14,500, caught fire one month later and they valued it at £12,000 with 1k on the clock...

A colleague of mine purchased a Gallardo brand new in 05 - sold it in 08 - lost £80,000.

Similar story with his Bentley GT Continental.

Never. Buy. New.

I will never buy brand new again - unless I become ridiculously minted - even then, I'd still be somewhat froogle...

Honestly man - I'd take everyone's advice and go used...

The problem with buying it new and selling it so soon is the massive drop you lose to the tax man first off. If I sell 2 cars, 1 new at £21000 and I register the other before delivering it and sell it for say £16500. The next day both these identical cars are worth the same in market value. Just depends on how you finance it.

Would avoid the pcp now as the GFV is gonna be crap on the clio now it's replacement is soon to come.

Despite everyone and their brother telling me to buy used I purchased two brand new cars last year and can tell you that PCP and new cars is a massive mistake.

I lost £4,000 in 5 months on my 1.2 Clio...

£2,000 deposit.
5 monthly payments of £180 ish.
Sell up at the end, car is £1,000 off estimated value.

All in all - £12,000 car in May became a £7,000 car by December - and I only put 5,000 miles on it.

A similar story with my VW - which should have held it's value better. Purchased at £14,500, caught fire one month later and they valued it at £12,000 with 1k on the clock...

A colleague of mine purchased a Gallardo brand new in 05 - sold it in 08 - lost £80,000.

Similar story with his Bentley GT Continental.

Never. Buy. New.

I will never buy brand new again - unless I become ridiculously minted - even then, I'd still be somewhat froogle...

Honestly man - I'd take everyone's advice and go used...

You can still PCP a used car you know, it doesnt have to be new just so long as its 48 months old at the end of the deal is the only requirement. So why not let someone else take the depreciation hit first, we all know the first year is the most damaging :wink:

I purchased on a PCP deal and with Renaults discounting and finance incentives I got 3k off the car works out at £250 a month with 1k in, for that I bought a car costing nearly 18k brand new or the alternative would have been a used one at £13500 with the 1k deposit for around the same payment. To me it made sense, but its all about how much you want to spend really on a monthly basis is finance.

Im responsible for selling over 1000 used cars a year but if I'm totally honest the deals on new are cheaper than a nearly new car because of the subsidised finance rates and discounts on some new cars. Shop around see what you can get for your money :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Decided to go used but really struggling to get what I want distinct lack of 2010+ cars with cup pack and Recaros in good condition. Really strange how few cars there are being sold privately... Think I may just have to stump at at the stealers as really need a car now