Anthracite diffuser

Thanks guys - yeah I was really pleased with the results, I didn't want anything too 'in your face' but I think this works well. I am tempted to go into business lol!

Much better than £300-500 for a used or £900 for a new one IMO too :wink:

IIRC all of the 197 / R27 diffusers are the same matt grey plastic with a textured finish. Mine is now all smooth and shiny!

Oh and Mike, I had that from Giles this afternoon, they don't need cleaning, black is best :-p

Only just seen this thread, wish I had of known, would of had a gander this afternoon!

Looks good from the pics Paul! :jase2:

Sorry Matt, I am sure it won't be long until you see it!

N0ddie I did with the primer - easier to do than sanding the diffuser off. It has a good finish as I am sure the others who saw it today will agree. :smile:

did you spray plastic primer on sand that down and then spray the graphite?
Want to do mine it black so just wonder how you did yours as its looks pretty good

Last edited:
Yeah sprayed 3 coats of primer (600ml) on then sanded down with 1200grit (IIRC, might have been 1600) Then 3 coats of paint (900ml) to get an even coverage. Then 3 coats of lacquer (500ml) to protect. I think it worked really well.

Thanks Si, means a lot :thumbup1:

It looked like you did a better job than the renault body shop did on Maz's spoiler :tongueout: it was vry well done looks perfect even up close.

It looked like you did a better job than the renault body shop did on Maz's spoiler :tongueout: it was vry well done looks perfect even up close.

LMAO!!!!!

That has made my night! :smiley:

I'm doing mine Tuesday now. You're fault

Sorry ;/

Fab job Paul bet you're chuffed! Nice to be different too :smile:

Thanks fella, yeah I am really pleased it has come out just how I hoped and I must admit when I put the first coat of spray on I thought 'what the hell have I done' as it looked shocking! Layers, layers, layers, that is all I can say!