Another new Clio article...

That artists impression looks crap, way to nose heavy. They talk a good talk in the article but all manufacturers do when a car is still in concept form.

Im thinking of going for one from the new electric range when i get rid of mine, at least i will save on fuel (drive to work plug it in for 10hrs then drive home)

Things I like about it:
Nice new shape and front end
More gloss black by the sounds of it
Interior sounds like it's be overhauled

Things I don't like:
5 door only - even if the handles are hidden
Will undoubtably be heavier and bigger (wider/longer)
1.6 turbo engine

I am amused by the last paragraph

" ....Focuher said a Citroen DS3-style more premium version was also under consideration. “When we build a £20,000 car, we don’t think about the £30,000 version. Citroen do this very well.”

So is this on top of the Renaultsport version?, a new take on the old V6 or do they really think we are going to shell out 30k for the RS version!! If thats the case a used Exige will be my next car.

I'm sorry but that looks almost comical.

The tinted lights inside those 'black' parts on the front give it an 'all out of proportion' look.

The upper half of the rest of it looks like what we have now.

That is crap! I could do a better 'artist impression'!

Is it 4ft tall or 8ft wide? Completely laughable IMO!

I still maintain if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Keep the chassis, new interior and engine, sorted!

Tbh we aint gonna know its true form until Renault release the pics to the press. These pics are just another set of pics that will be discredited when the next set of "artists impressions" come along.

I await the real pic before I say anything but I will say what a load of bullocks it sounds

Another crap news again, sound they don't have better to do.

They are guessing, no one know what the new clio like.

I thought that, but it seems all manufacturers are going to this method of attaching the door mirrors these days. Fiat do the same. The front looks like the prototype Renault designed though.

Reuters, Monday January 2 2012
* Renault sees 2012 French car market fall 8 pct
* Renault sees Q1 French car market fall 17 pct
* Renault says December orders down 55 pct (Adds Renault sales chief comment)
By Laurence Frost
PARIS, Jan 2 (Reuters) - French car sales deepened their monthly decline to 18 percent in December, with Renault and Peugeot losing ground as an end-of-year subsidy hangover blighted demand for their smaller vehicles.
Europe's second-biggest auto market logged 187,653 car registrations, accelerating its year-on-year drop from November's 7.6 percent slide, France's CCFA automakers association said on Monday. Full-year sales fell 2.1 percent.
December's decline was accentuated by a sales surge at the end of 2010, when consumers rushed to showrooms before the expiry of government-funded subsidies on trade-ins, CCFA spokesman Francois Roudier said.
"Still, the market is showing a decline in morale," he said. "Registrations in the first quarter are also likely to reflect the lower orders automakers have been reporting."
Paris-based PSA Peugeot Citroen, Europe's second-biggest automaker after Volkswagen, posted a 29 percent plunge in December sales, the CCFA said. Smaller domestic rival Renault recorded a 28 percent drop.
"Orders were down about 55 percent in December, which leads us to expect a car market contraction of 17 percent in the first quarter," Renault France sales chief Bernard Cambier said by telephone.
The automaker is forecasting an 8 percent decline in the French car market this year and a 3 percent gain in light commercial vehicle deliveries for a 7 percent fall overall.
While the subsidy withdrawal hurt small-car demand across the industry last year, the French automakers also suffered from ageing models in the key subcompact category. The Renault Clio and Peugeot 207 are both due for updates later this year.
Peugeot's full-year market share fell 1 percentage point to 31.4 percent, while Renault's slipped 2 points to 24.7 percent, as both carmakers underperformed at home.
Fiat's French registrations fell 14 percent in December - less than the market - while VW bucked the slide with a 15 percent gain, led by a 21 percent surge at luxury unit Audi. Hyundai's Kia brand also resisted, with a 12 percent gain.
Daimler increased French deliveries by 2 percent as BMW's sales fell in line with the market.
General Motors' Opel brand led a 37 percent sales drop for the group, even as Toyota recorded a modest 2.8 percent fall and Ford's sales advanced 4.2 percent.
Delivery van sales, whose recovery from the last economic crisis was unsubsidized and began later, rose 1.6 percent in December to end the year 2.8 percent higher. Total light vehicle sales, combining cars with commercial vans, fell 15 percent for the month and were down 1.3 percent in 2011. (Editing by James Regan and Mike Nesbit)

Renaultsport must be shaking their heads at what they are gong to be given to work with. A bigger, heavier, fatter car with an extra set of doors and a god ugly front end to somehow improve. I hope they don't put the fog lights near the middle.

the spy shot looks promising, that looks way better in proportions than the standard mk3 clio Renault Sport received and made the 197 out of, so I trust the RS mk4 is going to be awesome, if you remember a little picture of a concept that might be the clio that leaked in one of the concept line up picture, it looks very similar, front door with a scenic like pillar, wing mirror, rear doors with no handle, same door profile, and what looks like the same design of the alloys as well!