Another MPG question/point LOL!!

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
1st point - MPG is not the be all and end all of owning a car, and you'd NEVER buy a 197/200 if you were bothered about it.

But seriously WTF

These cars NEED to be driven hard to get the best fuel consumption on them. I have been driving round like a granny for the last god knows how long, try to keep the average MPG above 30, then having a play every now and then, so i'd end up with the little dashboard reader thing sayin about 30,1 or there abouts.

Then last weekend, refilled with V Power (last 4 tanks have been), and my best mate beaned it everywhere, and this week I have been driving creatively to work, and the reader shows above 30MPG?!?!?!?!?!?!

When I fill up again in a bit, i'll see what the proper figure is, but now, I am no too bothered about having fun lol!!

Are they actually designed to be more economical when they are being played with??

round town and pottering about i get 16 mpg
commuting to work i get about 34 to 36
track days 11 mpg

they hate going slow and for doing so they punish you with figure not much worse than thrashing it round a track.

wen i do motorway driving i get 32-34
wen i do my normal driving i get like 22-24, and i thrash it everywhere lol

na it dont work like that lol the faster you drive the more u use but lets be serious here take your time get 30mpg rape it get 20mph a know what ill stick with !

28.5 your doing really well tbh although i feel guilty not to open it up till the green light in every gear though :tongueout:

Right, according to the MPG thingy I have (see sig) - Economical Driving Tank was an average of 31,8 MPG and this last tank having fun has come out at 31,3 MPG LOL!!!!!

I've started to get shit MPG...used to get 25, now get 20...

Doing exactly the same journeys but using V Power now. :worried:

Im currently getting 29.4-29.6 when driving hard. I only get 29.9-30.0mpg when driving economically.
Last month I drove from Runcorn to sutton in surrey, never went above 70mph and never went over 4k rpm to save on fuel a bit and I only got 30.0mpg :worried:
So I floored it on the way home :wink:

tbh the best i ever saw in my 197 was 25 mpg but then i had alot of 16 LMAO, but then i like alot of "spirited" drives specially since i have to take country lanes every morning and night =D

The best i have ever managed was coming back form Scarborough to Leeds in heavy/slow traffic, managed to get about 46.5mpg for that journey, but it was so so boring i soon brought it back down!

normally sits at about 29-30 when driving normally (not hammering everywhere, but always first from the lights :wink:) im quite happy with that tbh. As said you dont buy one if you want great mpg, it really isn't what it was designed for!

...like wise....normally around the 29mpg....32 on a motorway run.....generally get more MPG on V Power....