Alien Green 200 Cup *** New AG 200 (number 3) from page 85***

i think the big improvement will be on track as there designed to dispensate heat allot better than oe discs .

Look good though

or when you are going downhill in the alps trying to follow the extra light elises/exiges....:001_rolleyes:

I doubt these brakes will feel even 10% better than OE on the road the pads might change the aggression but i think the big improvement will be on track as there designed to dispensate heat allot better than oe discs .

Look good though

I agree. Better heat dispensation is their biggest advantage so should help considerably on track and perhaps on those spirited drives lol.

I was worried about heat when I uprated my discs...thats why i opted for the standard sized AP Racing set-up.

I thought the 330's and calipers were just too close to the wheel to allow the heat to escape properly ?

Shouldnt be a problem (Touch wood lol). I've seen race cars with calipers closer to the wheel that we have.

I just love this thread..Awesome!
Looking forward to hearing how good the clubsports are after set up.
Btw..why run them in?
U just need a quaife now Noddie!

I just love this thread..Awesome!
Looking forward to hearing how good the clubsports are after set up.
Btw..why run them in?
U just need a quaife now Noddie!

Just some advice I was given.

LSD is a while off at the mo. Still unsure on the quafie diff on a primarily road car. Read a lot of stories of them trying to pull the unsuspecting driver into a ditch?

How do you get on with yours Daz?

I was worried about heat when I uprated my discs...thats why i opted for the standard sized AP Racing set-up.

I thought the 330's and calipers were just too close to the wheel to allow the heat to escape properly ?

Yeh this is a factor however i would assume with the clio's relative low power the brakes would not get excessive heat into them of course they will get very hot but for example on the vxr we had some issues when we ran one of the big brake set ups we ran a 355 disk behind a 17" wheel !!! this was a complete custom kit mind you but with just 32mm thick discs the heat was megga took ages to cool down even with huge 3" cooling ducts mounted on custom brackets direct to the bell ( aluminum) but when we changed to the 36mm wide discs ( very very very expensive and have an internal thicknes of 36mmk not 32 or 30 like most the diffrence was HUGE !!! pads lasted about twice as liong due the brakes running so much cooler as they were using allot less heat with the same 3" ducts etc

this was even better when we changed to 18" wheels allowing as you say more air to circulate and shift between wheels , however two things 1- the clio brakes wont get as hot as big turbo applications 2- i doubt anyone will fit a 36mm custom kit to the clio so have to make do with whats avalable although i dont doubt some cooling direct to the bell will be super usefull as this is the area that needs cooling

some pics of the 6pots with 36mm discs

768b0054.jpg
744539e4.jpg

Propper race bobbins and a proper floating

88e89c31.jpg

2e7b9232.jpg
851a7042.jpg
03a5c620.jpg

Just some advice I was given.

LSD is a while off at the mo. Still unsure on the quafie diff on a primarily road car. Read a lot of stories of them trying to pull the unsuspecting driver into a ditch?

How do you get on with yours Daz?

Well mines been fitted 11 months. Hasnt chucked me into a hedge yet nor has it tried!
Have found it has also helped in rain n snow.
When its dry i generally turn tc off too.
On track its great...

A video I shot yesterday of the zorst. Think the camera is too far away to get the proper sound but you get the idea:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A0HNGX1VWw&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds good, I'll need to get one of these videos done with my car. Havent heard it from the outside yet...its mad enough inside :lol:

Next (And last mod until next year at the very earliest) will be a Recaro re-trim courtesy of Steve @ Edge Automotive.

Will be a while yet before it gets done mind. Having it done in July when we are down that way on our summer holidays.

In the mean time Knockhill beckons lol.

These with alien green stiching:

clio_200_retrim.jpg

Not sure if I want all leather or leather/alcantara?

Also getting the gear gaitor done at the same time as I think it'd look silly undone.

Renault sport in white and Recaro in green would be how id do it :smile:

How's the brakes going? And how you finding the clubsports?

That retrim is spot on.

Green stitching with White RenaultSport & Recaro

or

Green stitching with the RenaulSport & Recaro in Black/embossed like the 250

Similar Thread Suggestions