Alien Green 200 Cup *** New AG 200 (number 3) from page 85***

Think you have to build up heat in ds3000s to get them to work effectively anyway? That's what I think I've read before!

DS2500s have been good to me, I was doing 10+ laps of Cadwell on OEM discs with DS2500s at full tilt and never had any noticeable fade. I faded before they did :tongueout:

Found this little comparison.

DS2500s: ...... This is the closest thing I've seen to a dual use pad, excellent on the street but also light duty track. Don't be surprised if this pad squeals somewhat on the street when cold.

DS3000s: ...... In every way, an outstanding track pad, and the high cf results in a very firm pedal. Though cold friction is also excellent, don't ever think about using this pad on the street. When cold, I've never heard any pad squeal louder; it's borderline painful. Because the iron content of this compound is >50%, the brake dust is more-or-less corrosive to aluminum wheels and can quickly stain them badly. Even when using these pads only on track, wipe your wheels clean every evening.

Conclusion: Whichever pad compound you select, be sure to use it both front and rear to maintain brake bias and best performance. On the street, I'm currently using and satisfied with the Pagid RS4-2-1 Black, but I prefer the Ferodo DS2500. The “street” pads all have good friction when ice cold, which is sometimes lacking with full race pads. On the track, I currently prefer the Ferodo DS3000.

The R3 cars and Cup racers come with DS1.11 on the front and DS2500 on the rear as ''standard''.

The 1.11 can't be too bad on the road because the R3s will have to travel between stages.

Might be worth a look?

i used DS3000 in the past. Good pad on track, like mentioned, but very poor from cold, for road work.

I use Carbone Loaraine RC6's, and to me, best pad i have ever used. Fairly aggressive, but work perfectly on road and outstanding on track!

wow....and this disc has less than 7kg- not bad :thumbup:

N0ddie can you do me a favor :tongueout:inky:
Can you help me in this case http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18106 and scan in your pads ?

Once I have a loose pad I'll have the dimensions for ye.

Washed the 200 today. Only the 2nd time its been washed since our Jack came along (He's now 6 months lol) ;/

Only had time to remove the front wheels to clean the insides of the arches but what I removed from inside of them was disgusting. Whilst the wheels were off I raised the coilovers a touch (At Emma's request) and polished up the red Brembos.

Put the Speedlines with R888s on as the Ultraleggeras are in desperate need of a good scrub so that just leaves me to attack the rear wheel arches tomorrow and adjust the rear coilovers to suit the new ride height of the front.

So fingers crossed the weather stays mild for the next week and a bit as I'll be using the R888 shod Speedlines for the next week. Once the Ultras are cleaned and re-installed I'll get some pics up. :thumbup:

Finished changing the wheels over to the Speedlines in order to wash the Ultraleggeras properly.

Some pics of the revised (Again) ride height on the coilovers (Now at a very sensible height for Emma):

6620925241_6b72e1e643_b.jpg

6620948549_aed558f501_b.jpg

6620963109_ae9ccc2e24_b.jpg

6620977173_3d9c43b28f_b.jpg

Definately looks very different without the Ultraleggeras. However, when out checking the pressures of the tyres I found that any time I go into 4th gear I'm getting the dreaded crunch/grind noise. Regardless of how smooth or gentle I am in changing into 4th it makes the horrible noise.

So first thing tomorrow morning I'll be over to the dealers seeing what they are gonna do about it.

Looks good , Just a few questions . . .

Do you expect the warrenty to be valid if it is the gearbox given

1 - Its on coilovers altering the driveshaft angle into the gear box

2 - The engine is producing more than stock power because of exhaust etc thus putting more strain on the gearbox.

Not being funny ive re read it and know it sounds like i am but i cant think of any other way to put it

sorry arron

Looks good , Just a few questions . . .

Do you expect the warrenty to be valid if it is the gearbox given

1 - Its on coilovers altering the driveshaft angle into the gear box

2 - The engine is producing more than stock power because of exhaust etc thus putting more strain on the gearbox.

Not being funny ive re read it and know it sounds like i am but i cant think of any other way to put it

sorry arron

They can try it. They've known it to be a problem in the past so fingers crossed they give me it no hassle.

I've read stories of modified Clios having their gearboxes replaced for free anyway. Renault know their gearboxes are pish lol.

They can try it. They've known it to be a problem in the past so fingers crossed they give me it no hassle.

I've read stories of modified Clios having their gearboxes replaced for free anyway. Renault know their gearboxes are pish lol.

I wish you the best of luck mate .

This is what puts me off changing anything,

Looks alright that noddie, side by side I think time OZ's look better but the Speedlines still look bob on and the ride height is nice.

Good luck with the box, can't see you having any probs with the warranty tho, if they wanted to take a tough line on exhausts they wouldn't have done my rocker leak on warranty.

Similar Thread Suggestions