AG200 Rescue

Some amazing progress going on here in a short time, good work man!

Just a thought, you're going to run no cats at all, you will struggle with MOTs and it might be very loud too, as most people run a standard manifold and decat system, or toyo with a catted system, so could be something to keep in mind.

Reactions: Phil555
Some amazing progress going on here in a short time, good work man!

Just a thought, you're going to run no cats at all, you will struggle with MOTs and it might be very loud too, as most people run a standard manifold and decat system, or toyo with a catted system, so could be something to keep in mind.

Cheers.

Yeah it will be interesting to hear the car when done.

A friendly MOT tester is always good to know....................... :wink:

Reactions: suj
Cheers.

Yeah it will be interesting to hear the car when done.

A friendly MOT tester is always good to know....................... :wink:

Yeah fair enough, been there on previous track cars and luckily I have a friendly MOT tester, but 1 thing I hate is really loud cars lol.

Can always put on a cat if you really don't like the noise I guess, so all good.

Haha mine was a S14a 200sx and a track E36 328i, but even then they were subtle.

I love that Evo! I do like the Scooby too, esp being a 3-door, but i'm an Evo man, I worked on Evo 1-3's growing up, I would love one!

Another busy weekend working on the AG200.

GT rear lights fitted.

Std lights.

IMG_8644.JPG

Lights removed and bodywork cleaned.

IMG_8645.JPG
IMG_8648.JPG

Comparrison between the two sets.

IMG_8646.JPG

New lights in place. They do freshen the rear end up.

IMG_8649.JPG

Next task for the lights is to wire one of the reverse lights into a rear fog light.

Reactions: Sean197
Next on the list was to tackle the exhaust tips and replace them with the Pure Motorsport version.

Diffuser removed and a quick hose down.

IMG_8650.JPG
IMG_8651.JPG

Std tips removed and a test fit with the carbon fibre tips.

IMG_8652.JPG
IMG_8653.JPG

I used the below Evo-Stick product.

IMG_8657.JPG

Tips in place and filled the channel on the rear of the diffuser with Evo-Stick. Once this dried I also used std silicon over the top. Had to use a fair amount to ensure a good solid stick as the tips do have a lot of slogger in the diffuser.

IMG_8654.JPG
IMG_8658.JPG

Tips in place.

IMG_8661.JPG

Staying with the exhaust theme. Had a go at heat wrapping the decat. Just wanted to see how this was done as I will be heat wrapping my Toyo Sports manifold to keep the engine bay temperature down a bit.

IMG_8672.JPG
IMG_8673.JPG

Reactions: peter
Onto the interior and a change of gear know.

Fitting the RS stainless knob.

Std knob removed with great force.............. LOL

Insert from the std gear knob needs to be removed and fitted to the RS gear knob. The insert ended u over the street when I flicked it out with a screw driver........

IMG_8664.JPG
IMG_8665.JPG

Part number for reference.

IMG_8666.JPG

Gear knob in place.

IMG_8671.JPG
IMG_8668.JPG

Also decided to seal the Speedline wheels in readiness for fitting when the weather dries up a touch.

I used a wax from Poor Boys called Natty Paste.

View attachment 138831

I used to use Natty Paste years ago, it just fades too quickly, try Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour or Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels, both are a ceramic coating that causes a chemical bond that lasts ages, I did mine over a year ago, still repelling water, dirt and brake dust.

I used to use Natty Paste years ago, it just fades too quickly, try Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour or Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels, both are a ceramic coating that causes a chemical bond that lasts ages, I did mine over a year ago, still repelling water, dirt and brake dust.

Easy enough to apply? I've got my new wheels still in their box awaiting protection (and tyres).

Easy enough to apply? I've got my new wheels still in their box awaiting protection (and tyres).

Yep, use those cotton pads your missus uses to remove nail polish and work up thin layers onto your wheels, don't go in thick or you'll see it.

I did the whole lot including barrels, I will top it up at some point in summer.

Reactions: N0ddie and Phil555

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mossy Clio 200 Area 12
Northloopcup Projects/Progress Threads 81
A Spotted 2
Paul Spotted 0
Rogue Spotted 0