AD08's

Maybe I shouldn't have kept recommending AD08s and then they might still be £100 like they were when they were first released.....

Excellent tyre and believe me they really do still work well in wet and cold weather, they can overheat though if you're very aggressive. Mine blued on the edge after a while but still work :smile:

Okay.. I've manage to contact polley and he's going to get back to me with a price per tyre and also while on the phone I mentioned that I may be able to get a few people together to purchase and he's asked to get rough number of tyres wanted and he will sort out a bigger discount so if your interested pm me and il update as things progress.

Guys, anyone tried them on trackday already pls?
what is the experience with it?

I am hesitating a bit between Toyo R888 GG and Yoko AD07.
The thing is, that the the 4 new Toyo would cost 720 Eur vs the 4 used Yoko 400 - run max 10 laps on track already.

Just ordered them. Missed fitting on Saturday though so just getting them delivered on Monday and hopefully have them fitted on Friday.

My mates just got these for his R26, they're sticky to the touch like R888's I cant wait to get a wee shot in it.

I'll be trying these next as the Kumho V70A that I have just now only come with 4mm on em and they're the same price :worried:

Just ordered them. Missed fitting on Saturday though so just getting them delivered on Monday and hopefully have them fitted on Friday.

Mate you will be very happy with these!just got back from getting the rears fitted and took the B road way home as you do ha!the grip is spot on!!and they are sound at low speed.By the look of things i will see what they are like in the wet as the rain is on it's way:thumb1:

Sorry to bump an fairly old thread but, I am tyre shopping at the moment, as I have a conti that needs changing on the front.

Now I have two conti 3's that are ok so was thinking about putting them on the back and by two new tyres for the front and came across this link on eBay for these tyres.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-215-45...s_Tyres_RL&hash=item27c52d0f50#ht_2962wt_1189

They'd go on wouldn't they?

I was set on getting some federal 595s but heard they only come with 5mm of tread, where as these come with 8mm!

Yeah just noticed that dude. not sure what postage will be.

Very tempting! going to have to choose soon!!

Edit: Postage is £5.98

I got a set of 4 from Black Circles a few weeks ago. Was £470ish to my door.

Works out £1 cheaper from them. And I can give my mum some tesco clubcard points!

How do you rate them in comparison with a conti? If you've used them?

Works out £1 cheaper from them. And I can give my mum some tesco clubcard points!

How do you rate them in comparison with a conti? If you've used them?

Definitely less understeer on the limit. Not as good when pushing it in the rain or greasy roads. The Conti will be a better all round tyre but in the wet the Yoko is miles ahead of the Conti.

£240 for 2 at Camskill mate.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s15p64215/YOKOHAMA_TYRES_TRACKDAY_TRACK_DAY_YOKOHAMA_AD08_ADVAN_NEOVA_YOKOHAMA_AD_08_-_215_45R17_87W_TL_

These will be a better bet than the 595's, can't fault the performance of them, I love em for that and I've not had any of the problems others have had but the wear rate is incredible, you only get 5mm and thats wearing down very fast.

Think I'm gonna opt for AD08's next time., got to try em all..

Fernandez
You should be getting more than 5mm tread on the rsr's.
Ive measured mine at 7mm which is what the factory specify too?!

Similar Thread Suggestions