Lack of steering feel - Ad08's

Ok so I have recently fitted some yoko Ad08's on the car and done about 600 miles on them now. The car just seems to lack any direct communication anymore through the steering. I was running crappy Avon zv5's beforehand which the car had on and it felt better (less outright grip but more feel).

I am running standard pressure F33 R31 any ideas?

Might well be mate they are definitely bedded in now as ive given them some abuse a few times. Will see if things improve if we ever get any decent weather this year.

Might well be mate they are definitely bedded in now as ive given them some abuse a few times. Will see if things improve if we ever get any decent weather this year.

They do feel quite different to everyday road tyres though, there's less of a definitive "grip/no-grip" boundary. Trust them to grip as they will, a lot :smile: .

Well... you can forget about grip below about 10degrees from normal summer "fast road" tyres... so from ad08s in this weather.... ;-)

Definitely not the tyres for the cold conditions we've been experiencing for the past couple of months.

I still have the grip there just the feel through the steering is rather vague. Will try dropping the pressures a little see if that helps.

I still have the grip there just the feel through the steering is rather vague. Will try dropping the pressures a little see if that helps.

Perhaps the lower ball joints are worn. Mine's quite vague right now, mostly due to this but I'm also running budgets! Will have both sorted when the good weather returns.

Jack the front up and see if you can wiggle the wheels by holding them at 9 and 3. Or pop it down to your garage and ask them to check it.

See I checked my pressures the other day and got them all up around 31 now and I can't stop taking it out for a blast every day (drive my transporter 12hrs a day) even in low temps I can feel every twitch and loss of grip enough to throttle it or turn in more. Can't wait for the warm weather to come back again so I can finish the tread of and get another set :smile: