3m tape

Planning giving the old girl her winter coat in 2 wks time first time I will have used the DA on it so quite looking forward to it.(if health permits)

The vibrations kill your hands lol.

Sir yes sir!!

I need some more practice with it :wink: haha.

Nice one, this will be my third car to use the DA on, although the first one i'm using a DAS6 Pro on, as opposed to using a G220 V1 and DAS6 previously :thumbup:

I've done my sons Trophy with it but I did it over 2 weeks when he was on hols.hard work I found till I got use to it but better than doing it by hand
Took 3hrs to tape it up

The vibrations kill your hands lol.

Nice one, this will be my third car to use the DA on, although the first one i'm using a DAS6 Pro on, as opposed to using a G220 V1 and DAS6 previously :thumbup:

Sounds good. I'm relatively amateur at it tbh so far. I have the g220 v2. It's a great bit of kit but pricey tbh. Got megs 105 and 205 compounds and all the pads so another session will be good :wink:.

All this from some 3m tape! Haha!

Dan, i've had my eyes lasered so have very good vision, just to let you know, theres a 20p stuck to your tape. Just a heads up.

Black just comes up doesn't it tbh. So lush.

Just a question but when polishing with a g 220 v2 for example how long would you tend to concentrate on a say 2'x2' section? How slow from side to side etc on medium speed? Just wanna know I'm doing the right kind of motions/speed/speed of moving the polisher aswell. For example is it a slow side to side movement or??

Black just comes up doesn't it tbh. So lush.

Just a question but when polishing with a g 220 v2 for example how long would you tend to concentrate on a say 2'x2' section? How slow from side to side etc on medium speed? Just wanna know I'm doing the right kind of motions/speed/speed of moving the polisher aswell. For example is it a slow side to side movement or??

I just typed a bloody long reply and closed the browser. FML.

Use this guide, it's what I always refer to :

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/images/misc/dapolishing.pdf

Slow side to side was what I did with the speed set on 3000
Prob be told I'm wrong but it seemed to work

Ok here we go again

(Using DAS6 speed guide)

Speed 1 - 30 seconds or so just to spread the polish
Speed 3/4 - 2 minutes or so, until the polish starts to go clear (jewel) and it's at its most effective 'cut' then
Speed 5/6 - 90 seconds or so - ensuring you stop the machine while its still on contact with the paint (to avoid damaging the machine or the pad flying off)

Technique wise, just slow consistent movement making sure its moving at all times. I tend to go across ways, then up and down, to ensure 100% coverage.

Also remember not to make the working area too big.

Ok here we go again

(Using DAS6 speed guide)

Speed 3/4 - 2 minutes or so, until the polish starts to go clear (jewel) and it's at its most effective 'cut' then
Speed 5/6 - 90 seconds or so - ensuring you stop the machine while its still on contact with the paint (to avoid damaging the machine or the pad flying off)

Technique wise, just slow consistent movement making sure its moving at all times. I tend to go across ways, then up and down, to ensure 100% coverage.

Thanks dude that sounds like sound advice!

Will be going at it again this Sunday if the weather is good enough. Pics will follow ofcourse. Need to get some more photos of car not just UR braces lol.

Ok here we go again

(Using DAS6 speed guide)

Nice little guide that will print that of when I'm on the computer
Nice one:thumbup: