200: 200T driven on track

be better if they put some of those megane stick on wheelarches to make it look different from the normal ones :thumbup1:

Mercury looks pants tbh, ly black or white for me!

Also wanted to say Renault have done really well to bring those 3 cars over here to be available for that track day, fair play to them!!

I feel sorry for the next Megane if its front end is going to get the 200T styling treatment.

Sounds like it could be quite capable but no matter how good it is there won't ever be one parked outside my house. Its just ugly.

Looks are growing on me, however still not keen on the front end. If it drives like the 200 I'm sure it'll fly out the dealerships

Painfully dull :rain:

...the Meg in this pic is the same as mine .....the Clio up against the Meg (which has everything I want in a car in terms of spec and driver satisfaction) doesn't make me want to swap on looks alone....as said, painfully dull.....but the red car looks better, so perhaps the mercury is not the best colour.....unless the Clio is really special drive, I will keep the Meg and wait (with fingers crossed) for a Fiesta RS (probably).....

Just looks like a standard clio in mercury!

I like it for this exact reason.

Blends in, can drive it daily without anyone really knowing what you're in. Yet when you want it to be, it's as mental as every other RS Clio out there.

I was thinking black would be the best colour for this, but I think Mercury might just sway me,

I like it for this exact reason.

Blends in, can drive it daily without anyone really knowing what you're in. Yet when you want it to be, it's as mental as every other RS Clio out there.

I was thinking black would be the best colour for this, but I think Mercury might just sway me,

but if you have spent £20k on an rs surely its better to look different/better than the lower spec cheaper models or the £3k+less gt model :rain:

the new 200 doesnt bring anything new to the market apart from the trick dampers the rest of it is following the competition that has had it for years and renault could/should have done better - the styling is a copy of seat and alfa romeo and the rear hidden door handles an admission that 5drs is an issue... it might sell to a wider audiance but some previous owners are leaving...

Last edited:
...and some previous owners are going to jump right in as for them it's perfect.

I couldn't care less about the looks or how it compares to a lower spec model. What matters to me is being comfortable while driving it, and enjoying the drive...neither of which are affected by how other people might view it.

Dampers sound good, gearbox sounds good, switchable maps/settings is good as it means my wife won't bitch/moan when she has to drive it, and 5 doors for me is a lifesaver.

Add in the fact that on fuel, VED, servicing, breakdown and warranty savings over 5 years it will almost pay for itself compared to my current 200...I'm pretty much sold.

Silver or black, silver or black hmmmm...?

Doesn't looks too bad in LY but silver is awful, still need to see one in person though. No plans to sell my 200 any time soon but if i was i think a meg would replace it in the drive rather than a 200T.

...and some previous owners are going to jump right in as for them it's perfect.

I couldn't care less about the looks or how it compares to a lower spec model. What matters to me is being comfortable while driving it, and enjoying the drive...neither of which are affected by how other people might view it.

Dampers sound good, gearbox sounds good, switchable maps/settings is good as it means my wife won't bitch/moan when she has to drive it, and 5 doors for me is a lifesaver.

Add in the fact that on fuel, VED, servicing, breakdown and warranty savings over 5 years it will almost pay for itself compared to my current 200...I'm pretty much sold.

Silver or black, silver or black hmmmm...?

Black for sure with cup pack (Black wheels also).

As for not caring how it looks? Surely you dont buy a car that you think looks pish? I'll never buy a car that I dont think looks good.

I just cant get my head around that tbh.

Oh! And I like how it looks btw.

Less than a month until the missus gets her new red Clio 4.

And having had time to digest my thoughts......

Look its different, the way it drives I don't think is in question, revs are a plenty, gear shifts and quick and there is no turbo lag and brakes do not look small.

It doesn't feel big (all be it from inside a lid) but then again its not, even on a damp track turn in was sharp, perhaps not 200 sharp but as sharp as the meg in those conditions.

Looks wise it's better in the flesh, for me it would have to be black stealth or LY.

Regarding launch control this was demoed to us rather than us allowed but the instructor was very complimentary of it saying if you did it an a Ferrari you would be into a new clutch after 6-12 starts. Yet the 200T will do that in 20-30 mins without issue.

In short it's a new in every respect, more so than the mk3 as it was from the mk2. It's comfortable we'll refined, not loud and brash. Delivers in every respect that you would want from a hot hatch. Everything the mk2/3 were not, wether that is what you want from a Clio or the raw driving feel of the past is neither here or there. Market forces now show that that thought is now in the minority.

This car is something you can get the wife to agree to buying. Something the mk2 or 3 never pulled off.

A new chapter opens, enjoy it for what it is and you will love it but don't hate it for something it isn't because it's not trying to be it in the first place.

Verdict, thumbs up.

Black for sure with cup pack (Black wheels also).

As for not caring how it looks? Surely you dont buy a car that you think looks pish? I'll never buy a car that I dont think looks good.

I just cant get my head around that tbh.

Would be black without cup pack for me - added benefit of silver wheels making it look more of a 'normal' car.

No, I'd not have a car I thought looked gash. I think the 200T looks OK, nothing special, and it'll certainly grow on many I'm sure.

Everyone on here loves their 197/200s...but back when Renault first announced them...I think most were reaching for buckets they were similarly repulsed!

When the Gordini model comes out with the Cup racer rear spoiler, Brembos, and 220bhp there'll be a lot more converts no doubt.

When the Gordini model comes out with the Cup racer rear spoiler, Brembos, and 220bhp there'll be a lot more converts no doubt.

If it happens.. I can't see it being any more than some questionable styling changes even if it does.

I'm still reserving final judgement till I've driven this car, but in reality given MPs comments it sounds like a small Megane with an automatic box. The DSG I've experienced in A Golf didn't work for me, so it seems unlikely Renault have done anything revolutionary with it to make me enjoy using one.

Last edited:
I have a 200 in mercury and, although on the subtle side, it's clearly not a standard clio! The 200T in mercury... urgh boring! Although I have a suspicion that with some black rims it would look pretty smart

I was speaking with someone from renault about the new clio rs, and he said they've dropped the 2.0 because the maximum they can get out of that engine n/a is around 210, and because of that emissions ********...

Personally, the 200 is better in my eyes. They've tried to sell it by putting a duel clutch gearbox and launch control to get away from the fact that the car isn't for the enthusiasts any more.

I looks like a base model clio, but maybe that's the plan? To make the range look similar for the base models to walk out the showroom.

Also speaking, the megane will look like the new Twingos and Clios but bigger. The whole range will have that daft smile.

I'm not liking the way new cars are made now...

Talking of DRLs... What the hell is going on? Why do they look like someone has attached some aftermarket Halfords specials randomly to the grill? It looks totally out of place!

The GT has a much nicer front design which makes the "top spec" even more embarrassing.

renault-clio-gt-3-front.jpg

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
Foxspeed Clio General Chat 2