200 Vs 197

Ok, who has gone from a 197 to a 200? I'm considering swapping my 197 for a new 200 (got a deal offered to me from the stealers that is interesting). Are there any noticeable differencies between the two cars (apart from the cosmetic ones)
Also, has anyone got photos of a 200 with the GT spoiler, as its the only one that is fitted as an option and need to see if i like it

U can have the Cup one fitted from stealers too. They order it in then have it fitted at their body shop before u pick it up. I was gonna have cup one then decided on k tech sprint spoiler. I think the GT one is a little too small and the cup too OTT lol. The ketch one looks perfect like it's just come from the factory.

firmer suspension on the 200 and better gearbox. Better standard spec. The car feels better to drive, brakes harder although that could be just because my last car had 18k with the original disks and pads on goin to one with 3k.

Book a test drive and youll see for yourself, someone who i cant recall exactly put it very well in a review saying the 200 is what the 197 should have been.

I have heard some reviewer say the 200 is the car the 197 should have been. Meant to be generally better all round.

I changed from a R27 197, which I had from new to a 200, not much difference at all really.
Drives the same, fractionally a little more lower down torque and a little quieter on the motorway to my last car due to different gear ratios.

I had a test drive in a 200 on the weekend funnily enough!!! Changing to a 200 has crossed my mind. The sales guy let me and the missus go out alone which was nice, so I got to give it the beans. noticed the suspension was different, but apart from that I didn't notice anything mind blowingly different. Acceleration was the same apart from the fancy beep, and indeed a little better lower down torque, and the cold start wasn't juddery. Although that can be fixed in the 197 by a remap. The gear box felt the same, but then again Ive got a 200 gearbox on my 197

Thats just my findings anyhow......

Jim_Rs.....Nope Im not bias at all, I think the 200 is a great car, hence looking into getting one! the only reason I would be willing to shed the cash to swap from my 197 is for the sexy alien green paint work, and a car with a warranty and MOT exempt.
I'm just saying during my test drive I didn't notice a bucket of difference

Jim_Rs.....Nope Im not bias at all, I think the 200 is a great car, hence looking into getting one! the only reason I would be willing to shed the cash to swap from my 197 is for the sexy alien green paint work, and a car with a warranty and MOT exempt.
I'm just saying during my test drive I didn't notice a bucket of difference

:-p :smiley:

Only joking

Tho the 200 does look nicer than 197.

197 starting look dated :wink:

I agree with ben_r1, no matter how much I try I can't get to like the styling of the 200. I know this will offend some but I think the new lights and front bumper are ugly and I think the 200's diffuser doesn't look right in gloss black.

Strangley though, I think Black 200's look alright but even then I would take a 197 instead.

I agree with ben_r1, no matter how much I try I can't get to like the styling of the 200. I know this will offend some but I think the new lights and front bumper are ugly and I think the 200's diffuser doesn't look right in gloss black.

Strangley though, I think Black 200's look alright but even then I would take a 197 instead.

Ben knows nothing he from Essex :smiley:

I would get the hump getting out run by a van!!

The meg looks like a cat having a dump!

:tongue_smilie: :biggrin:

If i can blow the doors off an R26.R on Nos i wont have any problem with your van lol, you'll need more than a slightly lower gear ratio and marginally better low down torque :tongueout: