197 Cup F4RT track car

How did it go in EFI?

Pretty well but as always not to plan [emoji849][emoji2369]

Cleaned ready to go, a rarity for me

81c6cbcf00ca8ed17b3b940071bda076.jpg1a48ea24838ae759e0ddf02e7a82b8d8.jpg

Mapping as always with Chris was spot on he was very happy with the mapping and temps etc just was being fussy with fuelling which is why I chose him and would only recommend him.

On the old map I was not too happy with the way the car behaved off throttle this turned out to be due to a low vacuum issue so he just adjusted the parameters for this and was all okay, until... whilst testing this there was a strange noise almost like running your nail down a cable tie. Immediately we suspected turbo and checked for play all seemed okay until we noticed it was the bad play, in and out not side to side.

We disconnected the waste gate to minimise damage and then I managed to get home. Chose TDi turbos to investigate and rectify. They found the bearing in the hybrid was standard so they have fitted a reinforced upgraded item and rebalanced all okay.

I’ve waited an age for the turbo studs and gaskets as they were on back order so hence no reply. Can’t wait to get it all fitted this weekend and have back up and running.

The good news no damage to the turbo or changes to turbine so no need to map again as Chris is happy this will not have changed. And figures wise were also good

307hp 294 ft/lb torque
243a29d675bd282e87bf55037cceb07f.jpgd2b9fd07dd894c0978dac3359c7e2411.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty well but as always not to plan [emoji849][emoji2369]

Cleaned ready to go, a rarity for me

View attachment 132980View attachment 132981

Mapping as always with Chris was spot on he was very happy with the mapping and temps etc just was being fussy with fuelling which is why I chose him and would only recommend him.

On the old map I was not too happy with the way the car behaved off throttle this turned out to be due to a low vacuum issue so he just adjusted the parameters for this and was all okay, until... whilst testing this there was a strange noise almost like running your nail down a cable tie. Immediately we suspected turbo and checked for play all seemed okay until we noticed it was the bad play, in and out not side to side.

We disconnected the waste gate to minimise damage and then I managed to get home. Chose TDi turbos to investigate and rectify. They found the bearing in the hybrid was standard so they have fitted a reinforced upgraded item and rebalanced all okay.

I’ve waited an age for the turbo studs and gaskets as they were on back order so hence no reply. Can’t wait to get it all fitted this weekend and have back up and running.

The good news no damage to the turbo or changes to turbine so no need to map again as Chris is happy this will not have changed. And figures wise were also good

307hp 294 ft/lb torque
View attachment 132982View attachment 132983

Always the same mate! Yours ran almost identical figures to mine although my intercooler couldn’t consistently keep the charge temps down and wasn’t recovering quick enough which resulted in the power reduction. Mine ran 311bhp and 295lbft, but we ended it with a run of 295bhp & 295lbft.

This will solve the issue!
346BDE06-8E9F-4F46-812C-371CB8D7650C.jpeg

Reactions: Cullen and L33 KUP
Always the same mate! Yours ran almost identical figures to mine although my intercooler couldn’t consistently keep the charge temps down and wasn’t recovering quick enough which resulted in the power reduction. Mine ran 311bhp and 295lbft, but we ended it with a run of 295bhp & 295lbft.

This will solve the issue!
View attachment 132986

Having your issue in mind I asked about the temp but he was happy as it consistently made the power and temps were always low I think they ranged 22-25 deg c so it’s sticking around. Good really as far too much money going into it lately

Reactions: trackspec197
I’ve wired them to the original wires so they come in off standard temps but also have a switch which is currently only on one fan that I can over ride by a switch, but I have made wiring to have it for both fans if this doesn’t cut it. The wiring does go through the relays so it’s still protected basically the switch, which is 25A, has a permanent live going to it which can supply the relay with its live.

From what I can remember one fan operates with a permanent earth the other has a switched earth which I think is the difference between fan speed 1 and speed 2. So although you supply the switch with a live which energises the relay only one fan comes in.
So I have made another earth to the second fan which I can swap over should one fan not be keeping me cool enough and I need both fans to come in either by the switch or by the ECU control.

But to be honest you will not need both at once as should it get this hot the ECU will bring in both fans I was just taking extra precautions.

Not sure if this makes sense reading back?

Loving the clio
Simple yet effective, would you not get more out of the car now the turbo is fully working or is 300hp about the limit?

Good figures bet its a rocket ship
Power graph looks good also

Loving the clio
Simple yet effective, would you not get more out of the car now the turbo is fully working or is 300hp about the limit?

Good figures bet its a rocket ship
Power graph looks good also

Cheers, wish it was a much simpler project [emoji2357] was pretty quick with the 260hp for a clio but I’ve so far not driven it in the 300hp state due to having to disconnect the wastegate.

As for power yeah unfortunately the standard F4RT engine can only take 300ft lb torque any more and they tend to throw or bend rods. The turbo is running pretty low and it’s bigger than needed but the idea behind it was to have it working less so less heat was made which anyone with a meglio knows is the ‘Achilles heal’ of the conversion, heat.

How’s the car going since the map?

Going really well mate, seems to shift but roads by me are too busy. I’m going to caffeine and machine in it tomorrow so it’s first longer drive to make sure it’s running okay before I do an evening at donnington

Reactions: trackspec197
Going really well mate, seems to shift but roads by me are too busy. I’m going to caffeine and machine in it tomorrow so it’s first longer drive to make sure it’s running okay before I do an evening at donnington

Where abouts are you located mate? Caffeine and Machine isn’t far from me

It’s not far for me either I guess around an hour I live near Walsall mate. Do you have any trackdays booked any time soon? If you’re in the Midlands be good to meet and do a day?

Not at the moment mate but will be looking to do one end of June if you’re up for one give me a shout. I’m only over in Worcester so not too far

Reactions: L33 KUP