197 Cup F4RT track car

How much of a pain was it to change the three ball joints / bushes , I’m doing exactly the same as you with those but I’ve not changed them before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty easy I was going to use a ball joint removal tool but these didn’t seem to fit right and didn’t want to damage. Richard advised to use heat, did this and was a doddle. The wheel bearing was harder as needed to cut inner race off as this got stuck on the drive flange. Easy to cut off but obviously didn’t want to damage anything so just had to be careful.

Honestly though it’s really easy.

Pretty easy I was going to use a ball joint removal tool but these didn’t seem to fit right and didn’t want to damage. Richard advised to use heat, did this and was a doddle. The wheel bearing was harder as needed to cut inner race off as this got stuck on the drive flange. Easy to cut off but obviously didn’t want to damage anything so just had to be careful.

Honestly though it’s really easy.

Great thanks very much , they look easy enough getting out just wasn’t so sure about pressing them back in

Great thanks very much , they look easy enough getting out just wasn’t so sure about pressing them back in

Heat up the hub and you can put ball joints in the freezer then they just drop straight in. The bottom ones you use a vice and a socket to push in by using the vice you can feel how much tension you are putting them in under so you know you aren't damaging anything or going at an angle