06 Albi Blue 197

Good luck lol

Mine split just behind the heel pad too. Renault refusing to accept it as a defect though, typical

hey man, the car looks great! Just wondered where you got the auto dim rear view mirror from and how much that set you back? Cheers

Cheers! Got it from eBay, it is from a Laguna II, there were plenty on there. Make sure you get one with lengths of wire coming off it. I retained the OE surround, etc. The Laguna mirror just mounted on the existing bracket that is bonded to the screen, just be careful when removing the current mirror as it is very easy to crack the screen.

The carpet is now changed over, it was pretty much as I expected, no real issues. Probably only took 30 min or so to remove; carpet it back in already, but not the interior trim. While the seats were out I cleaned a couple of light marks off them and also thoroughly washed the kick panel / sill trims and centre console.

Front carpet out;

2011-01-29003.jpg

Rear carpet out;

2011-01-29004.jpg

New carpet in;

2011-01-30002.jpg

Trim refitted;

2011-01-30004.jpg

Couple of quick pics of how my footrest is fitted;

2011-01-30006.jpg

2011-01-30007.jpg

and yes, I know I need to get some metal polish on my grubby pedals, all in good time!

To Do list January 2011

• Replace front carpet section - done, and rear section
  • Replace rear discs & pads
  • Fit 197 Cup suspension
  • Fit red brake calipers
  • Fit Bosch ParkPilot front and rear parking sensors
  • Clean front seatbelts
  • Adjust drivers door alignment
  • Powdercoat upper inlet manifold

Calipers, rear discs & pads and suspension are probably going to be done towards the end of the month or early March, got a track day next w/e so no point in doing them beforehand.

When it goes in I might just get the garage to adjust the front door alignment, or might do it myself when I drop it off, depends how much time I have.

I still plan on getting my inlet mani powdercoated in anthracite, but am paranoid about breaking another MAP sensor leaving the car stranded again.

Minor updates, forgive the filth, it needs vac'ing out.

I finally decided that I needed a steering wheel trim, and do rather like it, the angle makes the wheel look more dished I think.

2011-02-17005.jpg

Also, major credit to Steve @ Edge Automotive for my stereo/clock display, gear knob and gaitor, which are really nice, top work Steve!

2011-02-17006.jpg

2011-02-17004.jpg

2011-02-17004.jpg

2011-02-17002.jpg

2011-02-17008.jpg

I also had the seam moved around on the gear lever gaitor to make it better follow into the seam on the gear knob.

Any comments gratefully received!

I am going to get my dash trims and probably air vents painted, but can't decide what colour, I am thinking either gloss black or anthracite, any opinions?

Thanks! I still really like this car.

Also, while I have said so on other posts, it did perform really well on track yesterday, despite a couple of minor and easily resolved issues. The car is just such great fun!

Despite the fact that I have made, and am making a few minor changes, there really is nothing that needs changing on these cars, aside from grooved discs, ideally bells and rotors, without doubt the best change I have made.

Dropped the car off this morning to get the cup suspension, red calipers and new rear discs & pads fitted. Will hopefully also get the minor play in the steering linkage resolved.

Once that is done it will be going to the bodyshop to get a mark on the rear bumper taken car of and the front bumper will be freshened up at the same time.

Expect I will be without the car for a few weeks, but it should feel fresh when I get it back. Quite excited really!

While the car is in the garage I swapped the upper inlets over and got the ported item powder coated, I reckon it looks rather good;

2011-03-03001.jpg

2011-03-03003.jpg