What has gone wrong with your Clio?

n/s inner steering rack end

drivers door hands-free optical sensor

Last edited:
oh i had to have the passenger side IR sensor (for keyless entry) replaced,
my dash lights flicker sometimes (the dealers said they re-programmed the injectors to fix this problem, which made no sense to me, and didn't fix it)
the button to activate the heated rear screen gets stuck when it's cold
and had the aircon regassed

Last edited:
Actually that reminds me, once or twice my instruments have failed to illuminate, though not for a while, and sometimes the auto wipers work for no reason, both resolved by a restart.

Actually that reminds me, once or twice my instruments have failed to illuminate, though not for a while, and sometimes the auto wipers work for no reason, both resolved by a restart.
yes mine did that aswell not done it for a couple of years though
touch wood

I'd rather not think of the list to be honest. Luckily they are all rectified....

Replaced:
Rear Window (element broken)
Rear boot catch (Knocking)
Drivers side window mechanism (knocking)
Drivers Seat Base
Door Seals (knackered)
Fuel Pump
Cam housing gasket

It also had a remap for the cold start, made it better but didnt fix it (like everyone else)

Car is an '08 build 57plate with 18k (ish) miles on it.

All fun and games with renaults, but I still love it?!

Mines done 7000 and the only fault i've got is a check emmisions light on the dash that has been looked at twice, by plugging in the diagnostic machine and then the third time i went to have it checked the light went out on the way to the garage, and its booked in for Monday to be checked again. But guess what....................the light has disappeared again!
Sods law it'll be back on Tuesday!!!

what were the symptoms of the fuel pump failures?complete failure or poor running?

we've had

door seals
centre exhaust section
clutch pedal

58 plate 10,000 miles.

ABS control module
ABS rear sensors
Side skirt falling off
Misfiring on idle
Coolant gauge on dashboard cluster
Airbox cracked

Ok Registered on a 57 November 2007.
Had:-
4 or5 Drivers seat bases (Recaro)
2 Passenger seat bases
2 Seat covers drivers
1 seat cover passenger
1 cam belt(car sounded electric)
1 cam belt(sump leak oil contamination)
1 rear bearing
1 New steering wheel
2 door seals(re fitted self when fell off)
1 radiator
1 heater matrix
4 wheel refurb

What needs to be done now( if being picky)
Seat bases showing wear(had quote of £450 for leather strips to be inserted or £800 half leather, plus base modified)
16 Rust wheel nuts (£5 a time is a joke)
Getting a metallic vibration noise at 5500rpm(heat shield I think)

All top jobs done under warranty by Renault and no fuss.
Car now over 3 years old so seats an issue. Will be going back to dealers though first and saying not fit for purpose if wont replace.

Car on 36000m and gives me smile everytime I drive it. Ow and I am 43 yrs old:drool:

tbh the list is endless with my car. As mentioned - boot catch, door seals, gearbox, front and rear brakes seizing, speakers resonating very badly, center console display fades to almost nothing after about an hours drive (or 5 minutes during the summer), dials fail to illuminate on occasion, auto lights fail to turn off after coming on (resorted to manual), various rattles.

Haven't bothered fixing 75% of these and probably never will. If it breaks, it stays broken and I just work around it. I service the car excessively and so long as it works and drives how it should I don't care. To me if the electronics and so on work its merely a bonus.

i read through this thread, lol tbh.

i am disapointed in build quality and im shocked at things like how many gearboxes people have gone through

I don't think it's that bad tbh. You get problems with most new cars. My dad has got to have the clutch and abs sensor replaced on his BMW and the dealer is shocking.

Ok Registered on a 57 November 2007.
Had:-
4 or5 Drivers seat bases (Recaro)
2 Passenger seat bases
2 Seat covers drivers
1 seat cover passenger
1 cam belt(car sounded electric)
1 cam belt(sump leak oil contamination)
1 rear bearing
1 New steering wheel
2 door seals(re fitted self when fell off)
1 radiator
1 heater matrix
4 wheel refurb

A proper friday afternoon car there....

57 plate car, 41k on the clock...

Cam Cover leaking oil from bolts.
2 x window seals split.
1 x drive shaft oil seal on gearbox
1 x headlight levelling switch
Wipers seized solid.
Drivers door dropped.
Passenger window intermittent operation (fixed itself?!)

To Sort:

Condensation in 1 x rear light (since i replaced bulb ho-hum)

Slight blowing from the exhaust - cracked exhaust manifold

Top engine mount too lose (the cause of above)

Drivers upright Recaro bolster worn to extent of being a slight hole.

FYI i tired getting Renault to do the cam gasket, window seals, gearbox seal and seat under warranty / good will gesture - the car was 3 years and 3 weeks old, Renault refused and wouldnt even entertain putting alittle percentage towards the work. Poor Customer service IMO as non of the items should be u/s after only 40k.

Last edited:
what were the symptoms of the fuel pump failures?complete failure or poor running?

we've had

door seals
centre exhaust section
clutch pedal

Just completely stopped mate, I was driving down a pretty twisty bit of road and all of a sudden just a bag full of nothing and a message on the dash "Please select neutral".

I thought it was an immobiliser thing but when the AA guy turned up we found it was powering the Pump but it wasn't doing anything at all.