Wet sanding my clio 197 has started

Looks like you are doing a fantastic job. However, how many washes will it be before it starts to swirl up again. It will, because no matter how hard you try swirls always seem to appear from somewhere! I fear that they may be a little more exaggerated now you have such a perfect shine to the paint work.

Hi adrian, ye swirls are a problem when it comes to washing, but using snow foam and the 2 bucket method does reduce them greatly, swirls are only very very fine straches so a quick polish and they would disappear again, Black cars might look the best but there a pain to keep clean, even having the car sat in the garage for 1 day it shows the dust that has settled. just can't really win.

Got some more pictures for you guys, been looking forward to sanding the front wings down since starting this whole wet sanding process. very pleased with the results again, taken forever, bad back now the usual. the whole car is nearly finshed now the roof is going to be wrapped and the boot lid had a respray because of rust issue's so the finish was 90% orange peel free. hope you enjoy looking. Also found a nice little dent which ive never seen before and also 2 area's on the passages side where the robots forgot to paint. funny that.

IMG_0476.gif

IMG_0479.gif

IMG_0480.gif

IMG_0481.gif

IMG_0482.gif

IMG_0483.gif

IMG_0484.gif

IMG_0485.gif

IMG_0487.gif

IMG_0491.gif

IMG_0492.gif

IMG_0493.gif

IMG_0495.gif

IMG_0497-1.gif

IMG_0498.gif

IMG_0501.gif

IMG_0504.gif

IMG_0505-1.gif

IMG_0506.gif

IMG_0509-1.gif

IMG_0549.gif

IMG_0516.gif

IMG_0517.gif

IMG_0527-1.gif
Where has my paint gone???

IMG_0533.gif

IMG_0536.gif

IMG_0538.gif

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.gif

IMG_0542.gif

IMG_0545.gif

IMG_0548.gif

IMG_0552.gif

Thank you...

Last edited:
Awesome work mate, is that the whole car done now?

My paint is the same under the vents, sloppy.

Hey ye thats pretty much the wet sanding finished now. still got quite a bit of polishing,compounding 2 do, the sills the front bumper etc etc, Funny enough the only panel on the whole car with no orange peel is the rear bumper, no idea why.ye the lack of paint on the vent is v sloppy also noticed there was a patch on the bottem of the passagers door with no paint on, ill upload a pic to try and show u what i mean. quite hard to take a decent picture.

IMG_0521.gif

propper job there mate you have my utmost respect for being brave to do it and well worth the effort if you ask me - AMAZING results mate

Sorry to everyone else, but Martin has removed "The Sign" from everyone else now - this is his. Well Done! What a unbelievable shine!!!

IMG_20111022_171657.jpg

Good evening people, well my car is finally finished after quite a few hours up the garage. really really pleased with it, Also got round to wrapping my roof in 3m carbon fibre, wasn't 100% sure how it was going to look but I'm chuffed to bits with it. looks ace in my eyes. Right onto my special treatment for the little clio, Its called GTechniq EXO Ultra Durable Hybrid Coating its the latest technology and its the dogs ********. The water beading and sheeting is insane, it offers unbeatable protection up to 5 years with a very crisp reflection, there is a 36 page discussion about Exo on detailing world if you fancy a read.

Hope you like...

IMG_0567.gif

IMG_0573.gif

IMG_0578.gif

IMG_0579.gif

IMG_0581.gif

IMG_0582.gif

IMG_0587.gif

IMG_0589.gif

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0596.gif

IMG_0598.gif

IMG_0554.gif

IMG_0609.gif

Last edited:
A car that reflective is a hazzard to other drivers.

Why do you have to be so inconsiderate!?! lol

Looks amazing Martin :thumbsup:

Roughly how much cash did you 'save' by doing it yourself ?

From detailers rates and the hours spent I imagine it's a lot.