Wet sanding my clio 197 has started

I had to wet flat the top of my cup spoiler this morning (freshly painted) and that was making me nervous enough, easy to spray again if i got it wrong but doing the bonnet would be too much for me.

Its not something you want to be undertaking with out the use of a PTG imo, its far to easy to remove to much paint as I found out to my cost.

Good job so far Martin. Without using a PTG, you will be shifting far more lacquer than you need to mate. You will end up with limited polishing sets throughout the rest of its life or the next owner would certainly find out if he/she is into their detailing.

ye i can understand where your coming from etc, but I'm only removing enough to remove the orange peel, when there isn't any orange peel i stop. I've been reading all the posts from like KDS on detailing world and yes they have a gauge but nearly all there cars gets a full wet sand to remove the peel, regardless of taking reading or not, taking reading is just puts your mind at rest, I'm going on the basic the car is factory finish as all the panels look the same etc.

Last edited:
Like the rest have said. Hat off to you having the balls and skill to do this. Very obviously worth it as the results are amazing, this is how all cars should look.

Hi just a quick reply to paul before bed, ye the bonnet took around 1day, working from around 10-4, i like to take my time on the sanding part, i just think i don't care how long it takes i only have to do it once and once only, and as its not even summer time yet I'm in no rush so a panel or 2 a week is the plan.

Thanks martin.

That my friend it truly brilliant. Must have confidence in your own work. As you stated the results are defiantly worth it. Those picture speak for them selves. Amazing work mate, interested to see the rest when finished!!

Hello thanks for the comments, sorry no more pics just yet, been very busy and holiday etc etc, deffo get some pics up when i get some time to continue.

thanks

Hello people im back with some more pictures for you, sorry i haven't been on here for quite a while been super busy etc, Today i did the drivers door, took around 5 hours in total, Alot harder than the bonnet with all the body lines etc. Ive tried to take more pictures this time round, sort of step by step.sorry if there is 2 many pictures now.

1-9.gif

2-10.gif

This Orange peel will be the death of me.

4-11.gif
After a couple of passes to start with.
5-8.gif
]
6-4.gif

7-3.gif

8-1.gif

9.gif

10.gif

11-1.gif

12.gif

13-1.gif