Wet sanding my clio 197 has started

looks fantastic!!!!

just its down hill from now on as its washed etc you cant wet sand it many times!!! :mellow:

Looks amazing Martin :thumbsup:

Roughly how much cash did you 'save' by doing it yourself ?

From detailers rates and the hours spent I imagine it's a lot.

From all the post I've seen on detailing world from top company's like KDS I think a wet sand is around the £1500 mark just for the amount of hours it takes. And cost me around the £250-£300 mark for all the pads, machine. Compounds, polishes the EXO was 1 of the most expensive £125 a tin.

Last edited:
Finally getting round to sorting the garage out, thrown loads away garage is looking much better, Also got a nice modern shelving unit for all my car cleaning products which looks much better. Just need to paint the walls at some point...

garage01.gif

Thanks Martin.

Last edited:
Found it in the skips round the back of hobby craft. was going to make some shelves out of `mdf then this unit took my eye instead. its got the perfect amount of room just no more cleaning products spent to much lately wet sanding the my lil clio.

How have you hung up your trigger sprays?

Is it just bar pushed into drilled holes? clever that :thumbup:

How have you hung up your trigger sprays?

Is it just bar pushed into drilled holes? clever that :thumbup:

Ye ye your correct, just metal rod hammered into drilled hole, didnt really know how well it was going to work but at least 10/10 very very strong 2 strong just for bottles.

Think the key is to get the hole size just right.

maybe i have a little too much time on my hands sometimes. but i do think the results speak for themselves, and wet sanding is only a 1 off its not like it will come back next year.