Nicole.R - 01.02.2014 *SOLD*...

nice read that, ste must hate mine are your car, they sound like a right pair!
Glad your pleased, and when she get turned up, you will be smiling from ear to ear.

don't think he liked mine when it went back to him with a blown turbo and when he took it for a test drive was waiting for breakdown services till 2 in the morning.

don't think he liked mine when it went back to him with a blown turbo and when he took it for a test drive was waiting for breakdown services till 2 in the morning.

wow, mines more like a can of worms, your never gonna do just one thing lol

interesting read.

I am not sure if I have just been lucky with mine, but it seems to of had none of the issues that a lot of others have had. But as you will find out, any problems are worth it. It is an amazing conversion (assuming it keeps running right!).

Not sure how many track days you will be able to do with an exhaust with no silencers in. Also, it might be worth looking at having it ceramic coated rather than heat wrapped. It works better than heat wrap and is much more durable (I have found heat wrap can get brittle over time).

Otherwise, sounds like your gonna have a good 2014! RS Spa track day.......

04 January 2014;

Top Gear Stockport; Fabricated Custom 2.50" Rear Pipe

Nicole paid a quick visit to Craig at TGS Tuning this morning to have her exhaust finished off to how I pictured it in my tiny little mind. This is the third time we've visited the guys at TGS and they always have time for a brew and a chat to make sure they're going to make exactly what you want. I'd reccomend them to anybody, the quality of their work is superb and they don't hang around either. Considering what they were making for us today was quite complex in terms of bends and getting the tailpipe to sit correctly in the diffuser hole, it only took around two hours. It's also always a pleasure to have a nosey at the batsh!t crazy RX7 that lives there, up in the region of 600BHP now!!! :thumbsup:

Anyway, in keeping with the rest of what's been done and what's planned, I went off in a bit of a different direction. Instead of two tailpipes, she now has one. Instead of a slash cut tail pipe, she now has A FURIOUS DOLPHIN!!! I've no idea why it's known as a ''dolphin'' tip, but it is, so that's that. It's something that's been used in WRC for a few years now and those with keen eyes will have noticed it on the Ken Block Gymkhana cars as well. The theory behind it is that it directs heat/flames away from the bodywork and to a lesser extent it can help direct the sound towards the ground (or side, depending on which way you angle your ''dolphin'') in order to knock a few DB's off for the dreaded trackday sound test. So, that's the exhaust finished, zero boxes, zero branches, zero restrictions. As little back pressure as she could get without actually just removing the exhaust altogther. Perfect.

Looks like...

20140104-01_zps2f0d901c.jpg

20140104-02_zpsa25e2c04.jpg

20140104-03_zps32e5a026.jpg

Sounds like...

[video=youtube;j-pfPBALTLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-pfPBALTLs[/video]

Yes, yes, she needs a good bath blah, blah, blah... She'll get one in the week before she goes to see Ste for some more mapping!!! :smiley:

Last edited:
bloody hell Willis first gear is quite long and it sounds like it can go forever haha!

Sounds and looks great mate, very...purposeful:wink:

Wasn't anywhere near full throttle and shifted up at around 5,000RPM as well as it's quite greasy out. She rips through when she needs to hahaha!!! :wink:

I think the tailpipe could be a little bit Marmite!!! :smiley:

And another video, just because...

[video=youtube;4MuHBcTdFTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MuHBcTdFTU[/video]

Mmmmm, overrun!!! :tongueout:

Last edited:
I've not I'm afraid Yiannis, I can get some next Monday though when she's in Ste's if you want?

Nope, no boxes at all Ashton. The only silencer is the turbo itself. From the turbo to the tail now I think there's only six bends which includes the two on the decat!?! If it wasn't for the rear beam being where it is then I'd have got away with only three bends. No branches, no anything that could slow the gasses down or cause turbulence, the next most efficient way to this would be to have an exhaust that came out through the bonnet hahaha!!! That's why it sounds so strange and almost off-beat, there's as little back pressure as the floorpan and length of the exhaust would allow. Which is also why I've held the diameter at 2.75" and 2.50" because it really doesn't need to be any larger with having nothing to slow the gasses down.

Plus the weight saving in the exhaust alone is probably in the region of 20KG!!! :thumbup:

Last edited:
I've not I'm afraid Yiannis, I can get some next Monday though when she's in Ste's if you want?

Nope, no boxes at all Ashton. The only silencer is the turbo itself. From the turbo to the tail now I think there's only six bends which includes the two on the decat!?! If it wasn't for the rear beam being where it is then I'd have got away with only three bends. No branches, no anything that could slow the gasses down or cause turbulence, the next most efficient way to this would be to have an exhaust that came out through the bonnet hahaha!!! That's why it sounds so strange and almost off-beat, there's as little back pressure as the floorpan and length of the exhaust would allow. That's why I've held the diameter at 2.75" and 2.50" because it really doesn't need to be any larger with having nothing to slow the gasses down..

thought as much!

with the slight turbo whistle :thumbsup:

Hahaha cheers gents!!! :thumbsup:

I must admit I was expecting some WTF comments over the tailpipe to be honest, but it seems like people are seeing the method in the madness. :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions