Nicole.R - 01.02.2014 *SOLD*...

Nicole.R - 15.01.2014 *280BHP/310lbFt*...

15 January 2014;

Ok, it's late/early and I'm half deaf so we'll make this one short... Nicole went back to see her two favourite nutcases today for some more little bits to be ticked off the list. Due to the inability of the majority of the general public to drive when it's wet, the traffic was sh!t and we were running a little late so we left the boring jobs and focused on THE HORSEPOWERZ!!! This was the first time the lads had heard her in the flesh with her new exhaust and it made Al want to hide under a blanket whilst Ste just thought she sounded like an angry John Deere, but I think by the end of the day they'd started to come around to her charms and despite the horrible sound (my own words), Ste did come out with ''it's quite an addictive noise'' at one point!!! :smiley:

The first run was done on her low boost base map and she gave us 195BHP/200lbFT @ 8.5PSI. To be honest this was a little lower than I'd expected as she felt comfortably quicker than standard at this level already, but I guess that shows you the beauty of an extra 50lbFt of THE TORQUEZ!!!

The second run was done on with a roughly standard level of boost and she gave us 240BHP/240lbFt @ 12.7PSI. At this point we went for a short blast around the block and the extra oomph was instantly noticable. The power delivery was still very smooth but there was more urgency and a bit more ''tishuuuuu'' under acceleration.

The map was then tweaked and we had a brew and some butties before she gave us 280BHP/310lbFt @ 18.0PSI. It took a few attempts to get a clean run as she was trying to lift herself off the rollers as she neared full boost (~3,500RPM) and in the end we used the good old fashioned ''Human Ballast'' trick to hold her down but even then she was still trying to escape the shackles!!! Off we went for another blast around the block and, well, PRAAAIIISE THA LORD!!! What a difference a day makes, the smooth delivery is still there but the wave of torque is just on a whole new level altogether. There is more left in reserve should she ever need it but to be honest sometimes less is more and she'll be staying like this now. The plan was actually to run somwhere around 15/16PSI but because of the complete lack of back pressure in the exhaust Ste mentioned something about the turbo basically being able to free-wheel and produce more boost for less effort (that probably isn't word perfect but it was something along those lines and it's late/early so don't quote me on it), there's probably a much better way of describing that but my knowledge of FI is still growing.

So, it was a good day all round really and I even got to have a nosey at what an ECU map looks like on a screen. In short, The Matrix, with a graph!!!

[video=youtube;b2h1e3nMIzM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2h1e3nMIzM[/video]

Last edited:
Sounds brillaint and looks spotless escpecially for this time of year.

Ill give it a couple of months and you'll have some 6300cc injectors in there and gong for 300/300

Awesome to see she's finally there, running, and making some healthy power after the long wait. Sounds incredible too.

Super figures Will. Have you any idea if Ste changed your fuel pump to the megane one or still the 197 one?

Cheers gents!!! :thumbsup:

Went for a little blast today and she just feels right, very impressed!!!

Cro, still on the Clio fuel pump mate, the Megane one won't fit in the Clio tank/carrier although Litchy has been trying to find a way to make it work.

Ah ok so it's no real biggy if the pump isn't changed, phew! Attack over, didn't want to turn up for mapping and realise I was goosed. Thanks bud

25 January 2014;

Oulton Park; Soundtest to see if she meets trackday compliance.

Annnnnd... No. No she doesnt!!! As most people know the majority of tracks (or at least the ones I've any interest in attending) run a maximum 105DB static soundtest. Nicole rumbled in at 107DB @ 5,000RPM!!! Now, despite explaining to them that she doesn't have a 7,500RPM limiter like normal 197/200s, they were insistent that the soundtest be carried out at the usual 2/3 maximum RPM as on the tachograph. So really she was being over-revved in comparison to other cars but I'm unsure as to how much difference it would have made had I held her at 4,200RPM for example. She still would have been quite close to the limit I'd imagine, but on a different day with different conditions she could be louder or quieter again anyway. I've a few things up my sleeve to try out so it's not a major issue really, it just made me chuckle. I still maintain they should have took her reading at 4,200RPM but them makes the rules and we have to adhere to them. Watch this space...

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions