My new engine work!!!!!

Passenger??? You will be driving it boyo!

Your a good lad Kev :wink:

Even if you dont make much more power (which I'm sure you will) the cable throttle will make so much difference, the pick-up on the 197 is shocking. our 182 picks up and hits the limiter so much faster than the 197. Its gonna be a blast :smile:

I cant wait for the work to be done and its not my car lol

esp and traction control are different systems but linked by the abs sensors etc

if you remove the abs - will esp and traction still work ???

is only going to use spark and fuel to limit engine power ?

how will esp still run without cable throttle?

Pass, ask my mechanic!
esp and traction control are different systems but linked by the abs sensors etc

if you remove the abs - will esp and traction still work ???

is only going to use spark and fuel to limit engine power ?

As above lol!!

TBH I may have got that bit wrong, I didnt really listen to what will or wont work as I turn the ESP off everytime I drive :wink:

Pass, ask my mechanic!

As above lol!!

TBH I may have got that bit wrong, I didnt really listen to what will or wont work as I turn the ESP off everytime I drive :wink:

probably be best to wait and see when its finished first and then have a run down of the can do and cant do etc :biggrin:

as Fox said the ESP works off the ABS sensors so I wouldn't have thought it will affect that, it could affect the traction control I suppose as the ecu backs the power off when it senses a spin. But Icarus would be best answering that, hes the man that knows :smile:

Matt has been a busy boy agian!!!

Throttle cable arrived and was fitted!

9.jpg

TB bolted together with trumpet and all other bits

3-2.jpg

Fitted to the Oreca manifold like a treat

4-1.jpg
5.jpg

which in turn fitted to the car using the std mounts etc....

8.jpg

Once the pedal is sorted we should be able to fire her up!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Why get into all this trouble for no significant gains?

Nothing will ever come close to what compressed air can do...either a turbo or a supercharger...turbo is a much more feasible installation on the 197 since it operates through exhaust gases...

If you just want "sharper response" replace the gearbox with a Sadev Sequential.

Why get into all this trouble for no significant gains?

Nothing will ever come close to what compressed air can do...either a turbo or a supercharger...turbo is a much more feasible installation on the 197 since it operates through exhaust gases...

If you just want "sharper response" replace the gearbox with a Sadev Sequential.
Have you not noticed how slow and unresponsive the throttle is on the 197, trying to heel & toe can be a git for one thing. This work will give more reliable, consistant power. Kev's had a lot of problems with his ECU remapping itself thus loosing himself power.
Due to the very high compression rate in the 197 a turbo or supercharger wouldn't give huge gains without internal rework, sure you can get 300bhp if you want it but you'd have to replace most of the engine internals. Which I would imagine would set you back a good 5k by the time you'd done.

Plus turbo and supercharger are for lazy people, NA engines are for proper petrol heads :wink:

Lol what an epic post!! well said BTW rich!!

No significant gains??? How about nigh on 40 BHP from what it made STD out of a highly tuned N/A engine, with better torque and more responce!!

Oh wait, Ill just lob a turbo or SC on it, that'll be 3k then the engine work to cope with the power so it doesnt end up like Seans!!

Oh no hang on, I'll Sadev it!! Thats at least 5k and shit low speed driving unless I fit the padle kit for more money!!

Epic epic post mate, fair play!