G.R.E.A.T.
G.R.E.A.T.
G.R.E.A.T.
G.R.E.A.T.
G.R.E.A.T.

How many times did I say that to you?!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

God I envy you :smile:

you're going to have to stop reciting this utter tripe and lies. The car drove perfectly, and AFAIK is still running. And that's even after the owner ruined 2 courtesy cars

Fair play, more than a few people told me, I think we have been here before Danny so we shall both leave it at that!

It is not me being snide if it worked then great, I'm sure with some wiring if it still running it will be a great car! If it didnt work then thats a shame, things dont always go to plan do they? A perfect example is my cams on STD ECU, was told it would work and be mappable, it wasnt!

But the lad asked a question, that was my answer, nothing more! If someone asked you about a product that you had been told by a good few people didnt work then would you telll them whent you had been told?

Oh and the big single body.....been doing that for years, and told it doesn't work by "experts" very good mod for response

Its not so much the body that Im expecting the gains from, I shouldnt think we would see much from what is essentialy a slightly bigger body, we needed a cable TB and this is a nice "gucci" bit of kit to have so I specced it! I think the gains will be from the new VVT cal and proper control over the cams which the STD ECU couldnt hack!

good that things gonna fly by the time Matts finished with it. Looking good Kev

You thought about lightening the flywheel to help it pick up better?

More pics!!!!

Outputs for any future mods, i.e shift lights etc....

2.jpg

ECU power connected and ecu in place

3-1.jpg

Cup racer cable throttle peddle

4.jpg

Inlet manifold from Oreca, direct fit to the new TB

1.jpg

i think Santa has come early lol, :smiley:

some very nice touches there Kev.( love the new cup racer pedal ).

keep those pics coming.

Fair play, more than a few people told me, I think we have been here before Danny so we shall both leave it at that!
cool, just dont be so keen with the negatives :wink: :smile:

It is not me being snide if it worked then great, I'm sure with some wiring if it still running it will be a great car! If it didnt work then thats a shame, things dont always go to plan do they? A perfect example is my cams on STD ECU, was told it would work and be mappable, it wasnt!
We've been trying to put across the huge limitations of the stock ECU on renaults for years, all changes are made by pretty much guesswork, then see what happens. Proper VVT control certainly does offer very big benefits

But the lad asked a question, that was my answer, nothing more! If someone asked you about a product that you had been told by a good few people didnt work then would you telll them whent you had been told?
That's the problem with forums, no actual facts, just rumours. People need to resist the temptation

Its not so much the body that Im expecting the gains from, I shouldnt think we would see much from what is essentialy a slightly bigger body, we needed a cable TB and this is a nice "gucci" bit of kit to have so I specced it! I think the gains will be from the new VVT cal and proper control over the cams which the STD ECU couldnt hack!
The larger TB will do a couple of things aside from the direct, cable throttle. Sharper response for one, and the belmouth gives good torque (try running without it, just to see how much you lose!!! )

Best 172 conversion for the road (drivability) that GDI ever did was a big single body, 421 cams and standalone. Did about 190-195 IIRC, with lovely midrange

Last edited:
Cheers Danny, not gonna quote all that pal cos I'll confuse myself!

To be honest, forums are like a bunch of girls most of the time gossiping, I just said what I had heard, I think I could have worded it better but Im no novelist, no malice in it I just should have thought it out before writing!

yeah I have heard about that 172 conv, I think KTEC/GDI are doing it now with good reviews!

A perfect example is my cams on STD ECU, was told it would work and be mappable, it wasnt!

proper control over the cams which the STD ECU couldnt hack!

I didn't know that - can you tell me something more? I have catcams waiting in my garage for the R3 airbox.

Has this new ECU all the benefits of the old one? ABS, ESP,...?

Last edited: