Melting steering wheel update

I received my phone call today, RUK won't pay anymore than the 50% and are going to ring again next week to give me time to think about it. I will be looking at other options as I'm sure the job can be done for less than the 230 i would have to pay.

I'm sure I have read you can get a cheaper wheel without the airbag?? Anyone any ideas?

Renault sport accessory wheel, probably about 140-150 now, then do it yourself as its not too hard, then sell old one for 40quid.

After a bit of research I have suggested to Ruk an accessory wheel and price including fitting will be £112 whack seems a good deal to me.

Can someone tell me the differences between the original and accessory wheel? I have cruise control which operates on the wheel, does this make any difference?

Make sure it has red stitching at top, it doesn't come with airbag so you have to swap them over, it comes with cruise buttons already on it, take old wheel off swap air bag put new one on and you've got a brand new wheel, oh and it also comes with a steering wheel trim!

It's not too bad really (even though it shouldn't happen in the first place), I brought mine for £135 off of karl, brand new, this came with a steering wheel trim as well, and I already had one so sold this one, So I sold old wheel and trim for £50 I think it was, so all in I paid £85 for a new steering wheel, which isn't too bad, a lot better than the £300 odd people have been getting quotes for, fudge that.

That's what I'm thinking, why don't RUK give this option in the first place. I will confirm tomorrow that I will have mine changed.

The next thing on my to do list now is changing rear brake discs and pads, expensive month.

i asked this on the phone to Haley Ward and the service manager and the parts manager and they all said the same NEVER HEARED OF ANOTHER SORT OF WHEEL even when i said i could get a wheel from reno

just had a thought I bet the one their quoting is with an airbag as that would add a few hundred to the price
yes they are when mine was changed i marked the airbag with a tiny red spot and it wasnt there when i had it back 80 mins later