Melting steering wheel update

Roy

clio197.net legend
Well after a 45 min chat to the lovely lady at RUK she is goi g to ring me on Monday to tell me the outcome.they have only know of 1 case of melting steering wheels on the 197:rofl::rofl: I happened to say I'm on a forum and know of plenty.she sounded very supprised that it's happened to so many:rofl:
Will let you know on Monday of the outcome

Well after a 45 min chat to the lovely lady at RUK she is goi g to ring me on Monday to tell me the outcome.they have only know of 1 case of melting steering wheels on the 197:rofl::rofl: I happened to say I'm on a forum and know of plenty.she sounded very supprised that it's happened to so many:rofl:
Will let you know on Monday of the outcome

I'm going to chase them tomorrow (been busy making the most of the weather working on the brakes & alloys ) and forgot to contact them as had planned to do so on Tuesday

You can see mine starting to go very slightly, Arnt the 197 out of warrenty tho?

Yes but I only had mine replaced 18 months ago
And there not fit for purpose
Not expecting a new one but help in funding of one

Yes but I only had mine replaced 18 months ago
And there not fit for purpose
Not expecting a new one but help in funding of one

Agree with not being fit for purpose, I don't blame it on their build quality in general just believe some of these 197 steering wheels were made with defective manufacturing/products.

Just hope RUK see this and help us all out

Not fit for purpose like the recaros. Total disgrace. Mines looks like somebody has attacked it with a blowtorch.

The quality is supposed to be better in the mk3. Obviously not.

Also it's funny you say about the woman at ruk denying the problem Roy. I was told it's very rare for the recaros to be an issue.

Head in the sand!

Got mine replaced before the warranty ran out as it was all melted and looked horrible. They did take quite alot of time to make a decision but I just kept calling them and annoying them until they realised it was an easier life by giving me anew one.

id still like to see a picture of it if possible?

which part is melting?

isn't it mostly leather?

eew...

sounds like a very good idea getting it reupholstered, id like it a bit thicker aswell

Mine was the worst one I've seen got one off Karl for 130 and sold mine for 50 I think so only cost me 80quid which isn't to bad I don't think, but it's a joke how bad they get!!

Why should I pay anything at all it's there crap product that's useless.your right Luke they look awful when they go mine as just started at the top right hand side

Got mine replaced before the warranty ran out as it was all melted and looked horrible. They did take quite alot of time to make a decision but I just kept calling them and annoying them until they realised it was an easier life by giving me anew one.

And me mate so this is the second time in 18 months (not funny any more)

Update

Had the phone call today from RUK it's going to be inspected on Monday to see if it's a fault of there's or ours lol if it's there's they will replace it
We await there findings