Melting steering wheel update

Mine is pretty minor at the moment I admit, but lets face it, it will only get worse so I have put the complaint into Renault and waiting to hear back from them. My warranty expires on 26th August but I will be extending it anyway.

You should go ahead and email or phone them.
Ill drop them an email then :smile:

it gets worse fast

Don't say that!! :worried:

Yeah and another one here, it really let's the interior down seeing the wheel with mangled lumps and twists in it but a 58 plate on 53k I don't think iv got any chance from renault :worried:

You got nothing to lose.They will pay a percentage anyway.Dont let RUK try and fob you off

My 09 plate 40K 197 has just started melting down the side :worried: may give RUK a shove and poke and see if they can do anything, it's been all of the bloomin weather recently :worried:

My 09 plate 40K 197 has just started melting down the side :worried: may give RUK a shove and poke and see if they can do anything, it's been all of the bloomin weather recently :worried:

Same again don't let them fob you off cause they will.Tell them that the wheels are not fit for purpose

Been to my dealer this morning with the case number Renault UK opened for me. Renault UK tried to say I had to pay for the steering wheel to be inspected. Anyway the car was going in today to have a knocking sound diagnosed, result is a brand new steering wheel covered 100% by Renault, so I am happy that was pretty painless and I didn't pay a thing. On another note the knocking sound is apparently the ball joints, so two new front ball joints up front for me also, wonder what that warranty bill will total? Good result.

Been to my dealer this morning with the case number Renault UK opened for me. Renault UK tried to say I had to pay for the steering wheel to be inspected. Anyway the car was going in today to have a knocking sound diagnosed, result is a brand new steering wheel covered 100% by Renault, so I am happy that was pretty painless and I didn't pay a thing. On another note the knocking sound is apparently the ball joints, so two new front ball joints up front for me also, wonder what that warranty bill will total? Good result.
great result

I just had mine replaced, renault asked me to pay 10% contribution (£47) .. wasn't going to complain really, especially as they didn't even inspect it, just booked me in and swapped them over!

happy days.

My 200 cup's wheel had started to lift 6 months ago, it's got lots worse in the last week!
I've had the car 6 months and it's now done 72000 miles, but still don't think this is good enough-it's 3 years old in 2 weeks, can't believe it only has a 2 year warranty.

Glad mines got a 4 year warranty then!

That means you could get 2 new wheels before the warranty runs out!

Shame the quality and customer service can be so poor, we've had a 182, a 197 and two 200's, but i'm seriously considering buying an ST focus.

That means you could get 2 new wheels before the warranty runs out!

Shame the quality and customer service can be so poor, we've had a 182, a 197 and two 200's, but i'm seriously considering buying an ST focus.

You'd only get a year for trim on a ford :wink: .. I thought it was decent of renault to give warranty a thought on it to be honest, because the 3/4 year warranty is only mechanical I believe.

Glad mines got a 4 year warranty then!

I contact Renault about my steering wheel, car is just under 4 years old, only 30k miles and has the extended warranty, got a call saying they wouldn't be helping as it seems to be general wear and tear and this has been followed up with a letter, it did not mention the extended warranty and just said when new it came with a three year/60,000 mile warranty. I need to follow this up with a call or email.

Having just been reading through the thread has anyone recently bought a new wheel from Karl?

I have an 07 model, here in south Africa... Mine is terrible @ 3 'o clock...
I've seen carbon covers... Was thinking along those lines maybe

This is (the only reason) why the Cup is better than the standard 197 :smile:

Our steering wheel is so crap...it cant melt