iAndy's 172 track day project

Constructive criticism: Go with more decals... But make them smaller... It will look heaps better imho. And get those wheels a whack colour! :tongueout:

Lovely little project car :thumbup:

Harnesses

So.... Been looking at harnesses for the 172 and don't want to spend a fortune, in all honesty can't see what the major difference is between them.

Seen a few at car place near work and knowing the guy who owns it am hoping for some mates rates lol

Whats everyones thoughts? Anyone with any suggestions? Don't want to spend a fortune as only wanting to temporary fit some for a track day on the 1st March to give the car a good run out for first time in months.

http://www.lkperformance.co.uk/harnesses/securon/securon-4-point-harness-anchor-plate/219465/585

http://www.lkperformance.co.uk/harnesses/trs-harness-bolt-in-3-point/210954/585#

Did you get my post ref the Sabelt ones ? I would always buy the best you can afford and mount them properly.

I had to look back to see it, missed it last time. How much you wanting? What colour and date stamp?

Agree with A2ON mate, get the best you can reasonably afford. :thumbup:

Also... I have some straps for you. :wink:

Did you get my post ref the Sabelt ones ? I would always buy the best you can afford and mount them properly.

+1 Your harness is what keeps you in the seat and not flying though the windscreen or bouncing around in the car.

+1 on buy right, buy once. Although you have to be reasonable, its not an F1 car. A decent model and brand with CORRECT fitting will keep you nice and safe, spending £10000's on them is fine but if you fit them wrong your still f*cked if you turn it belly up.

Safety first kids 'mmmkay.

Thats what I was thinking... TRS do some for sub £50 and are they likely to snap? Or is it just for keeping ya in one place more? There is no "give" in them is there so should be a nice snug fit, they don't slow down ya impact or anything like that? I just want some in for 1st March, then gonna get cage and pick some that I really like or that are better if the mood takes me, its only gonna be used this year and then sold..... Will have the exocet on road for next year.

Agree with A2ON mate, get the best you can reasonably afford. :thumbup:

Also... I have some straps for you. :wink:

Thank ya very kindly :smile: will have to bob over and see ya shortly, clio been sat for nearly a month now so will be nice to give it a run over the tops :smile:

Yeah no worries mate, they need a bit of a clean but they're in perfect working order. :smile:

RE; the harness, it's not just a case of them holding you still should the worse happen, they can and will stretch in a heavy impact so like Rob said you don't have to break the bank but make sure you buy some from a reputable brand and make sure they're mounted correctly. Wouldn't worry too much about them being "in date" unless you're planning on racing as the material shouldn't deteriorate that much over time, but new or the newer the better like most things when it comes to cars. :smile:

C9459E0B-6672-4F13-BB8F-07CA79F51E3D-1006-000000E79D75F1A7_zps397912a2.jpg

Weather crap and waiting for roll cage to come before deciding what colour to paint the interior, so decided to sort out the scratched mirror caps then had a meeting with a new supplier who sells paint.... Free samples came in useful and one was fluorescent green so went for it on grill, mirror caps and the front grill :smile: