iAndy's 172 track day project

Aaahhh just looking but bidding on some brand new monaco's on fleabay...

£270 current bid with minutes to go :S

car looks good and sounds like a fun project.

tho i have no idea why you would put the ratchet straps through the doors to secure it!! crazy.com!! haha :smile:

They ain't through the doors lol, its the excess strap that we put through there so wouldn't flap around lol

yeah, £55 each for side mounts £76 each for subframes.... so total will be near on £500 notes.... ooops

Actually updated backet at lark speed.... £652.80 lol, good job I got seats £100 cheaper on ebay... now need some cheap side mounts from somewhere lol

Love this project, what you thinking of drilling out? Hole saw to the front bumper?

Can't wait to see it :smile:

Yeah hole saw to a few places :smile: when seats arrive and frames will start taking shape, gonna clean it out on saturday and prep the interior ready to paint lime green, just to make it stand out. Then cage gonna be ibis white

A big thanks to mentalpen for his photoshop work. And this is the mock up of what I would like on it :smile:

1z857k.jpg

Got seats for £270 and picked up mounts and tailored frames for £110 so quite happy at moment, just need to get some harnesses, don't want to spend a fortune on them thou cause I want to find some for roll cage but not putting cage in yet

Just been to Paintshop to have a gander at some paint samples for the inside and got a sample of a thin rubber to put on floor and maybe on roof, not wanting to add too much weight but just thought floor would benefit from a little bit of grip :smile:

Looking good mate, cant beat ripping stuff out a car, well you can...ripping it out in the summer time so you can still feel your hands.

Go for the K-tec harnesses that are said to be Oreca. They are actually TRS and a good bit cheaper than the branded TRS ones

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3787&appid=2

Thats what Ive got in mine.

Though if its anything like mine youll need to buy some extra eye bolts at M10 size size as the M12 only fitted in two holes :@ typical Renault

I have two brand new sabelt 4points I don't want if you would like to buy ? With the better (IMO) seatbelt style catch

Yeah that's the idea mate :smile: more versions the better, can't wait to start and prep the interior this weekend ready for painting the green :smile:

Some more ideas, I wish I could do photoshop but can't so a very nice member on here is giving me some great ideas :smile:

29yfw9s.jpg
2czr5n9.jpg
2s7f0cy.jpg