iAndy's 172 track day project

looks good with the green bits...just needs something where the number plate goes :wiz:

Front getting cleaned up and the number plate will be drilled out to give some cooling, might even duct it into the brakes. The car passed its mot too :smiley: no advisories too so she is gonna be road legal once I sort out another traders policy

Great little motor Andy. Coilies, brakes, and some decent rubber and it'll be sorted. Felt livelier than the 200.

Definitely needs some more green bits though.

Long time in winter hibernation...... Well the suspension is now on and currently sat at track torque awaiting them setting her up. Went for Gaz coilovers with some different springs to what they come with standard, not sure on the lB but supposed to improve them, AST top mounts and then here is the list of routine maintenance.....
Air con delete kit, new alternator, new power steering hoses, fully polybushed front end, everything that power flex do went on. New discs and Ds2500 pads, uprated fluid, braided hoses, new Abs sensors on both sides. New bearings on both sides. New driveshafts, cv joints, and track rod ends, new radiator, hell of a lot of new nuts and bolts that kept destroying themselves. New ultra lite alloys with 595RSr tyres, Erm..... Think that's almost it.
Been for MoT and it has a clean fresh ticket for 12 months :smile: so hoping.... Ready next week and she is ready to clock up some track miles. Just the bit of bodywork tidying and the colour change should be done in June while am on holiday :smile:

Long time in winter hibernation...... Well the suspension is now on and currently sat at track torque awaiting them setting her up. Went for Gaz coilovers with some different springs to what they come with standard, not sure on the lB but supposed to improve them, AST top mounts and then here is the list of routine maintenance.....
Air con delete kit, new alternator, new power steering hoses, fully polybushed front end, everything that power flex do went on. New discs and Ds2500 pads, uprated fluid, braided hoses, new Abs sensors on both sides. New bearings on both sides. New driveshafts, cv joints, and track rod ends, new radiator, hell of a lot of new nuts and bolts that kept destroying themselves. New ultra lite alloys with 595RSr tyres, Erm..... Think that's almost it.
Been for MoT and it has a clean fresh ticket for 12 months :smile: so hoping.... Ready next week and she is ready to clock up some track miles. Just the bit of bodywork tidying and the colour change should be done in June while am on holiday :smile:

so virtually a new car then :smile:

Well been a great today, really enjoyed seeing plenty of people out on track in their clio's using them for what they are meant for. Suspension was great...... Dephaser on other hand is on way out :worried:

You still need to get away from all that braking malarky at cadwell mate!!

Yeah I know dude, soon as I get dephaser done am booking back on and getting some tuition. Will let ya know when it is and if ya fancy it will book same digs again :smiley:

Will get car sorted and let ya know mate, defo msvt there is a £25 off promo I think at moment

No prob, think next outing for us will be oulton or anglesey in a few weeks time hopefully

Dunno what's rubbing thou.... Can only think of going stiffer on the springs, or maybe raise her up slightly, getting strut tops sorted in next few weeks and then back over for another geo set up will have a word before I take it over, oh and some camber shims.
Full service and dephaser getting done, break fluid change and maybe some better discs oh and tidy inside up :smiley: that's the summers plans lol

If it's only on full spring compression then look into bump rubbers. Keep the ride height the same if it doesn't rub with normal driving, but just limit the travel so it doesn't touch. If you've already got bump rubbers then fit some packers.