iAndy's 172 track day project

Sounds like a win/win mate. Can't beating having the mother on hand for a brew or two :smiley:.

I'd be a bit dubious of a white interior mate, I reckon you'll trash it in no time. I've read of a few people with white interiors regretting the decision. Mucky shoes/rubber soles/general grime/oil/keeping tyres in the back(?) can all wreck it.

Yeah the white will look sh!t dirty :worried: was thinking of having some thin rubber in foot wells to make it less slippy and easy to clean. Not fussed about putting tires in it as looking at an ifor williams with a tire rack built in :smiley:

Really need to have a day of cracking on getting bits fitted to it but just mowed out with work and got 2 houses to finish and get up for sale so can start the house hunt well.... garage hunt with attached house lol, this move is all about the garage :tongueout: found a nice 3 bed with triple garage which was perfect but sold within 3 days :worried:

F*cking hell that must have been a bargain to shift in 3days, don't see much of that these days. My next place will be all about the garage too. I've already told Lois I won't even view one without at least a garage for a car + tools, otherwise I may as well stay in the flat and sulk :smiley:.

If you need a spare pair of hands, or you've got a weekend day in mind for getting some work done on it pal you've got my number :smile:. I'll happily pop up for a brew, some Krispy Kremes and a the occasional bit spanner work.

Cheers mate, am pretty chocka at work being the key problem. Only time I have free at moment is next sunday afternoon. Its a bit of a b!tch really but I had all last week off sorting stuff and got next to nowt done. Got called every hour almost with problems to sort. Least I feel missed lol,

Yeah house was £170k and had in effect a 3 car garage almost, was a garage and attached workshop but my plan was to demolish and make a triple garage with more living space above lol. Sold too quick thou :worried:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-23937336.html

If there are any architects on here that wanna design me a garage with attached house lol, just bought this :smile:

land_zpsecaa855e.png

Productive couple of hours, dash top off, passenger airbag removed, steering wheel on (temporary needs wiring) both seats now in and just needs harness's bolting in. Put the mirror caps on and grill....seem to have lost the bolts for them, plus forgot to put the diamond back on and the green has chipped already, gonna sand down and maybe try plastikote.

Just need to bolt the cage in place and harness's, tidy up wiring (not a clue what am doing with it)

Then service and she will be ready for track day, unless......I decide to put coilovers on before the track day :smiley:

61ae1a37da5f27557103dd3ca3088a69_zpscaa6b82a.jpg

3221dc2cfc86077541d64aa0e704d6cf_zps94dbbcfa.jpg

946d7337a2946c4306465b30fa557bb6_zps1f1b88fb.jpg

fbaaadf90ad22084fa2ee97b907f0644_zpsd4cdd775.jpg

55c5da6d680dda46a0b32c3029894002_zps6a47777f.jpg

All 3 put to bed for the night :smile:

74b3a6feec5f134fd604c01c97581d00_zps11cea9ed.jpg

Dash back in now mate, was just taking out the passenger air bag :smiley: yeah this is the £950 one.... That came with a £633 bill that was all belts and dephaser being done less than 2k ago :smile:

More toys arrived today, bonnet pins, strobe unit for brake light F1 styleeeee lol, also found a spare set of grill blue lights..... Police style covert blue lights or not :s

Funny you should say that, I was thinking the other day that having an under cover style cop car on a track day would be hillarious. Imagine flashing the blues at someone to move out of your way lol.

Not sure how funny the track would find it, but it would be laugh while it lasted :smiley:

They are getting put in tomorrow.... See it in action at how fast, just dunno... Grill or fog lights doing the blues.... Might put a set of twos in too... Gonna have a gander in the supplies cupboard where I used to work... Am sure there is a couple of light bars kicking about but that will screw the aerodynamics lol

Well not as progressive few hours as I wanted.... Sadly all that got done was bonnet pins today, tip for anyone wanting to have them....let someone else do them, talk about sh!tting bricks..... Plus self tappers to hold the cover on really don't look like a good idea.... Some nice stainless M3 bolts are needed :smiley:

Well not as progressive few hours as I wanted.... Sadly all that got done was bonnet pins today, tip for anyone wanting to have them....let someone else do them, talk about sh!tting bricks..... Plus self tappers to hold the cover on really don't look like a good idea.... Some nice stainless M3 bolts are needed :smiley:

Are they aero catches ?

No just some pins, wanting to get a carbon bonnet on it, but for time being slammed some cheap pins on to stop it from flying up, catch was a bit dodgy so sprayed it with WD40 and after opening and shutting it about 100 times tonight whilst fitting the catches its now working fine lol

:lol: typical Renault

I only fitted aero catches to mine for the very same reason, bonnet catch was playing up then the car was lying for a good few weeks and the battery has obviously died... What happens next, bonnet won't open and the cable snapped.

Well bonnet catches are on... Cage is fitted, harness's are fitted, horn button located now on a push switch as we had a slight fire :s nothing serious just decided to melt the horn wires but pulled it apart just in time, brake fluid changed, pads and discs are like new so they are staying on for now..... Managed a lovely wound on my little finger from the angry Clio lol