Bye 200, hello 265 Trophy (6/50)

I love these but I hate how they all have the poverty spec lights.

Theres one round my way with projectors and they really finish it off.

I love these but I hate how they all have the poverty spec lights.

Theres one round my way with projectors and they really finish it off.

Ain't that the truth. I'm about to fit oem xenons to mine. Already had the handles swapped to black curtesy of RUK. I'll be adding oem rear tints after that.

That's the only thing, didn't have xenons which I'd have liked. He said its got the one between standard and below xenons (not sure what that is..). But then he made a good point, you buy the cars for the performance, not its headlights, if headlights are the only thing then would you really miss the opportunity..just fit xenons yourself or change the bulbs

pen, how much you paying for oem xenon headlights if you don't mind me asking? I was planning to change the bulbs to what I've got on the Clio as they look like xenons but isn't the meg a right pain the change the bulbs?

£350 for a pair of oem inc bulb and ballast.

You then need to fit anti flicker decoders or have the ecu reprogrammed via a clip to accept the bulb. It won't have self levelling but due to the chassis provided you don't set the beam to high you won't blind anyone.

You will need a friendly garage to get it through the mot for that reason if you keep it that long or just swap them back.

It has headlamp washers fitted so you would have to get under the car so see they aren't 100% legal.

There was no option to have Xenons on the trophy. The only options were black or liquid yellow and black roof.

That was it.

BTW I have fitted an aftermarket kit to make the DRLs work at night and they dim with the lights on so they are 100% legit.

The kit was £100ish iirc and required the bumper off or front under tray removing. I can point you in the right direction if it's something you wish to do. I did it purely due to living in the countryside and it not having fog lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the only thing, didn't have xenons which I'd have liked. He said its got the one between standard and below xenons (not sure what that is..). But then he made a good point, you buy the cars for the performance, not its headlights, if headlights are the only thing then would you really miss the opportunity..just fit xenons yourself or change the bulbs

pen, how much you paying for oem xenon headlights if you don't mind me asking? I was planning to change the bulbs to what I've got on the Clio as they look like xenons but isn't the meg a right pain the change the bulbs?

I certainly get his point, Im of that mind set too. i had a 197 Cup and loved the fact everything was as bog standard as it could be, no air-con basic headlights etc. :wink:

What got me about the Trophy was its a special run out model so why skimp on the lights.

Dont get me wrong though mate Im not hating on your new car, I love it and wouldn't mind one myself.

The trophy was done to a price point, RUK decided to offer free LY paint, recaros and DRL's.

nice motor...was on my radar when I was looking but was to far to travel to go look at it and was a few k over what I really wanted to pay..

enjoy!

£350 for a pair of oem inc bulb and ballast.

You then need to fit anti flicker decoders or have the ecu reprogrammed via a clip to accept the bulb. It won't have self levelling but due to the chassis provided you don't set the beam to high you won't blind anyone.

You will need a friendly garage to get it through the mot for that reason if you keep it that long or just swap them back.

It has headlamp washers fitted so you would have to get under the car so see they aren't 100% legal.

There was no option to have Xenons on the trophy. The only options were black or liquid yellow and black roof.

That was it.

BTW I have fitted an aftermarket kit to make the DRLs work at night and they dim with the lights on so they are 100% legit.

The kit was £100ish iirc and required the bumper off or front under tray removing. I can point you in the right direction if it's something you wish to do. I did it purely due to living in the countryside and it not having fog lights.

Thanks for the info, to start with I think ill put the bulbs in that the Clio has and perhaps go from there.

The DRLs go off when the headlights are on then? I assumed they were just on the whole time

Last edited:
Yes! I don't think Paul fitted a aftermarket kit but I'll give a bell and ask.

The headlights are double optic iirc as standard.

A lot of people use night breakers as opposed to the oem bulbs.

Just spoke to paul and the car is OEM so not mods or anything.

ah ok, may have to get details of the kit off you sometime so that the DRLs are always on

Last edited:
Yeah that's Paul's old car he defo had a great collection of cars, am still surprised he has got rid of this and the R26R at the same time. Congrats on a mega car

Similar Thread Suggestions