Bye 200, hello 265 Trophy (6/50)

I'm not sure where you'd read they are dull?

3.0 turbo, big brakes. LSD and Rwd with 320+Hp? It's just a dentuned and narrower track 1M.

Sounds like a hoot to me. They're supposed to be faster than the M3 once they've just had a basic map.

Yeah, reviews we all very good, basically labelling it a 'junior supercar'. Perhaps it will be a tad less fun and not as special as the meg, but as a package a VERY good car and I think a rather good compromise/replacement.

No doubt I'll miss the meg at times, but the BM was still good fun to drive, really nice interior too and such a power house :smiley:

Bm is meant to be a fantastic car I believe. Get some pics up dude. How much you selling the trophy for or do you not know yet?

Need my delivery date yet :smiley: but ill get some when i can. I've gone for 8 speed sport auto, estoril blue exterior, LED lights, oyster grey leather interior with brushed aluminium.

Not sure on a price for the meg yet, have some people interested and see what offers are made. I know roughly where it should be priced as I can remember the rough mileage and price all the ones have sold for in the last 18months or so. We will see :smile:

I'm not sure where you'd read they are dull?

3.0 turbo, big brakes. LSD and Rwd with 320+Hp? It's just a dentuned and narrower track 1M.

Sounds like a hoot to me. They're supposed to be faster than the M3 once they've just had a basic map.

different engine to m1 are they not ie 1 turbo not dual....

for me the synthesised engine sounds is a big fail :'(

different engine to m1 are they not ie 1 turbo not dual....

for me the synthesised engine sounds is a big fail :'(

3 litre twin turbo, 326bhp IIRC?

Do agree, however - Synthesised or not, most cars are these days. Yes, 100% engine sound is the best but still, sounds good. Plus being a V6, nicer note on the exterior than the meg (in my opinion). Really nice exhaust note too :smile:

3 litre twin turbo, 326bhp IIRC?

Do agree, however - Synthesised or not, most cars are these days. Yes, 100% engine sound is the best but still, sounds good. Plus being a V6, nicer note on the exterior than the meg (in my opinion). Really nice exhaust note too :smile:

straight six and it says "twin power turbo" but theres only 1 turbo ie its a twin-scroll jobbie (just double checked that one)

Less than 2 weeks left with the Trophy then....

Just had an email from BMW, the car will be delivered to McLaren on the 2nd Sept @ 11:30

sounds sweet of an upgrade tbh, are the recaros no longer available through the bmw accessories? they were for the previous 1 series in black alcantara iirc, I had a chance to do about 45 minutes in one just after these were released, and even though it was an xdrive it still was an impressive car, very comfy when cruising and quite capable when rushed down the road, engine is brilliant, was an 8spd auto as well, could go for one myself, congrats, enjoy and dont forget to share :smile:

sounds sweet of an upgrade tbh, are the recaros no longer available through the bmw accessories? they were for the previous 1 series in black alcantara iirc, I had a chance to do about 45 minutes in one just after these were released, and even though it was an xdrive it still was an impressive car, very comfy when cruising and quite capable when rushed down the road, engine is brilliant, was an 8spd auto as well, could go for one myself, congrats, enjoy and dont forget to share :smile:

To be honest I've not actually looked, but yeah you might be right. One thing I have seen on the mperformance accessories list is the exhaust :wink:

11954608_1036537143025790_4453690363886706799_n.jpg

11232176_1036537203025784_1367088839023608128_n.jpg

11137130_1036537169692454_5259270896675664822_n.jpg

and transferring stuff from the Trophy to the M135i (Trophy was stuck at McLaren all week)
11180329_1037820209564150_2629064141230598766_n.jpg

Then as the Trophy sat behindd the BM before she went ;(
11949290_1037820182897486_8562271717814876487_n.jpg

Love the BM, statement wise I think the Meg has it but like you said that could be the colour. I've a lot of love for bmw though. Very nice car.

Love the BM, statement wise I think the Meg has it but like you said that could be the colour. I've a lot of love for bmw though. Very nice car.

That's it. Might be the colour which really adds to the road presence. But driving it home from Woking yesterday morning I just thought...what have I done letting this go....good to compare them though. BM is a brilliant car, fantastic engine and gearbox, great build quality and a step up in terms of luxury - very nice place to sit and you can tell it's still a performance car (or got a hint to that full on M Power).

Driving the Trophy home reiterated the fact it was built to lap the 'ring as quick as possible, just so happens you can use it on the road too. The throttle response and steering feedback was just right on point.

The M135i is a brilliant car which I'm really enjoying but the Trophy just had something special about it - god it was good!

Looks a great car Steve. Shame you couldn't keep both but im sure the bmw will serve you well. Who has the trophy?

So i won't be seeing this about anymore? Well at least my other half can stop taking the mick about me and my Megane friend now :d

That bmw looks nice and I'm not a fan of bmws, bit more of a cruiser.

Similar Thread Suggestions