Bye 200, hello 265 Trophy (6/50)

and I think that time is approaching...

The thread started as a hello for the Trophy, but I think it will unfortunately be soon time to say goodbye :'( Not entirely out of choice but I knew it would be a likely consequence.

I have been offered my dream job with McLaren, so with the commute now being 30 odd minutes down the motorway and back each day, coupled with the perks on offer (a car being one) it just wouldn't be worth me keeping it to rack up a ton of miles. Or alternatively have it just sit about while I use a second car.

I know there was a few interested in it, so at some point, I should imagine within the next couple of months once I have started, settled in and a new car ordered, it will be going up for sale

Safe to say I'll be in no rush....god I'll miss it!

Sounds like an interesting job to say the least Steve. What is the car pool like?! I remember being at the climbing centre in Guildford about 2 years back and someone our age turned up in a MP4-12C (when they were still called that) and I got chatting and he said he worked at McLaren and they let him drive it..

Nice dude. What job you going for there Iooked at a few recently. Would be a fantastic company to work for I imagine.

and I think that time is approaching...

The thread started as a hello for the Trophy, but I think it will unfortunately be soon time to say goodbye :'( Not entirely out of choice but I knew it would be a likely consequence.

I have been offered my dream job with McLaren, so with the commute now being 30 odd minutes down the motorway and back each day, coupled with the perks on offer (a car being one) it just wouldn't be worth me keeping it to rack up a ton of miles. Or alternatively have it just sit about while I use a second car.

I know there was a few interested in it, so at some point, I should imagine within the next couple of months once I have started, settled in and a new car ordered, it will be going up for sale

Safe to say I'll be in no rush....god I'll miss it!

What kind of car will you be able to get with that?

sure you will miss the trophy, but hey, you could always get a 197 or 200 as a second car for a bit of fun at the weekends?

congrats on the job though!

Nice dude. What job you going for there Iooked at a few recently. Would be a fantastic company to work for I imagine.
Logistics :smile:

And yeah really good from what I can tell. The offices are amazing, good perks, surrounded by supercars and exciting company to work for with the plans for their future

What kind of car will you be able to get with that?

sure you will miss the trophy, but hey, you could always get a 197 or 200 as a second car for a bit of fun at the weekends?

congrats on the job though!
540C :smile:

Nah I wish haha.

Their car scheme is any merc, any BMW or any Honda. I think you lease like a personal car but via Mclaren, they pay the deposit and because it's vis them it's at greatly reduced rates (that's how I understand it).

Would like to keep the Trophy obviously, but don't want it to be a motorway muncher racking up the miles. Good shout about a 197/200 though, ill have to see how it all pans out. Am thinking it will be time for a bike :smile:

Funny that you recently year drove an A45....lol
Yeah haha. I did ask and he said "That's on there - any merc". Tbh ill probably look at some things like that (M235i) etc just to see roughly what figures are like. But I imagine I'll just get a 220D or something to use on the motorway. We will see

How many miles is it? Can't be that far for half hour?
30.6 miles each way so it's basically doubling the miles I do a week for work (already spend £100 a week on petrol). So that plus the fact I don't want to rack up a ton of miles seems most sensible option is to just accept another car that's on offer

i picked up my 200t from a dealership in Portsmouth, there main cars are Mercs and they are an amg dealer. There was an a45 there but tbh, doesn't look worth £45k to me.

If if it were me id get a cheap derv to run to work and run the trophy at weekends/evenings. Or as I said earlier, a nicer one and a 197 to toy with at weekends.

Hard one, although don't get to het up l, just think of why your having to choose... Working at mclaren! Wow...

Try and get some photos up on here of the workshop. Looks incredibly clean!

Spotless. Literally no mess at all! Its all complete perfection, for example no tile can be less than whole, so to install a monsoon centre thing, the production centre was reduced by 2 metres, just to ensure no tile had to be cut!!!

No pics I'm afraid though as there are cars for the end of 2016 in there! ALot of the MSO cars too. Was a stunning P1 sat in there which they refer to as the bat mobile. All matte black with gloss carbon and black parts like spoiler, wheels, side vents

Last edited:
i picked up my 200t from a dealership in Portsmouth, there main cars are Mercs and they are an amg dealer. There was an a45 there but tbh, doesn't look worth £45k to me.

If if it were me id get a cheap derv to run to work and run the trophy at weekends/evenings. Or as I said earlier, a nicer one and a 197 to toy with at weekends.

Hard one, although don't get to het up l, just think of why your having to choose... Working at mclaren! Wow...

Nah i highly doubt I'd bother with an A45 to be honest, I test drove one and wasn't impressed, well, not 45ks worths. I'd perhaps look at prices though to compare with the quotes I have not via McLaren.

The option is either keep the Trophy and continue to use daily or change. Just wouldn't be too practical to run two cars :worried: Due to the increased milage etc I'll just have to switch, but as you say though, its not the worst situation causing the change :smiley:

the tiling is a ron dennis fettish!!!

you lucky sod! enjoy the job

if it was me I would keep the trophy and run the cheapest most basic diesel car to keep costs down as its just a commuter car...

Similar Thread Suggestions