Big Bens non Clio

Still looking for private plate. Current shortlist (which will no doubt change again):smile:

R26 MBR
R26R BR
R26 BFN
R26 TBO
R26 TUR

Some good plates available for £250:thumb:

Are you not thinking of getting a nice number that's transferable to another / the next weapon' Ben ? Your nickname, initials, moniker / Family initials etc etc etc

Seems such a shame to buy a number that's 'just' a great fit for the Clio.......

Reactions: Big Ben
Are you not thinking of getting a nice number that's transferable to another / the next weapon' Ben ? Your nickname, initials, moniker / Family initials etc etc etc

Seems such a shame to buy a number that's 'just' a great fit for the Clio.......
I’d given it some thought Shuv but not really up for spending four figures on something to keep long term. I’m very much live in the moment and £250 is not much in the whole scheme of things!!

This car will be mine for quite a while now I’m hoping.
Long term who knows? May be my last car... might be the first of many.
Renault has a strong pull on me. Can’t see that changing anytime soon:track:

I’d given it some thought Shuv but not really up for spending four figures on something to keep long term. I’m very much live in the moment and £250 is not much in the whole scheme of things!!

This car will be mine for quite a while now I’m hoping.
Long term who knows? May be my last car... might be the first of many.
Renault has a strong pull on me. Can’t see that changing anytime soon:track:

I meant / thought; spending the same amount on something a bit more universal......

Unless 'RENAULT FREEK' is available by the sounds of it :smile:

I meant / thought; spending the same amount on something a bit more universal......

Unless 'RENAULT FREEK' is available by the sounds of it :smile:
What I meant is I’d not found anything universal for less than a grand that I liked:grinning:
What did you pay for yours if you don’t mind me asking?

R26R BR is available as a private plate for next to nothing. Looks cool laid out how I’ve got it with my initials separated. What’s the legality of that though? Don’t want plod pulling me over everytime I venture out!!

It's not as common as you might think getting pulled. I've got a few mates that have been running round for years with no issues. It's really only the car park crew boys that get stopped in my experience..

I nearly bought X18 MSX to have X1 8MS X, only didn't because it was £400! Still looking at it now...

You'd be fine, just have a spare set of £10 'legal' plates in the bottom of the boot and swap them if you were ever asked to, really doubt you'd have to.

What I meant is I’d not found anything universal for less than a grand that I liked:grinning:
What did you pay for yours if you don’t mind me asking?

My word....now your asking. I've had mine for 28 years ! Bought when i was 18 with my Birthday ££££

Not sure what i gave for it then. £300 or £400 quid perhaps ?

One here that's similar (Called a 3x3 in this format with 3 letters and 3 digits) up for £2120. But being a lower number [208 V's my 391) its slightly more desirable perhaps. Mines worth £1500+ i'm guessing. Not sure in relative terms if thats made it a good investment or not ? Probably not lost alot.......

https://www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/number-plates/initial/s/i/a.htm?page=3

My word....now your asking. I've had mine for 28 years ! Bought when i was 18 with my Birthday ££££

Not sure what i gave for it then. £300 or £400 quid perhaps ?

One here that's similar (Called a 3x3 in this format with 3 letters and 3 digits) up for £2120. But being a lower number [208 V's my 391) its slightly more desirable perhaps. Mines worth £1500+ i'm guessing. Not sure in relative terms if thats made it a good investment or not ? Probably not lost alot.......

https://www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/number-plates/initial/s/i/a.htm?page=3
I’d say you’ve done alright mate money wise!
An expensive purchase back then but 28yrs later... a sound buy.
Gives me something to consider.

Reactions: sevenfourate
I’d say you’ve done alright mate money wise!
An expensive purchase back then but 28yrs later... a sound buy.
Gives me something to consider.

Remembered after i posted i had the original purchase details still. I actually gave £175 for it. Ignore the previous ! Maybe it just felt more at the time :smile:

Cherished numbers......as opposed to DVLA plates do often tend to hold their money / go up in value better and are perhaps a little more desirable. If that's a consideration. Wasn't for me back then to be fair and just the way it turned out.....

Like you say. Life is about the now; and at £250 all-in....might be best to just enjoy the moment and make it relevant to your car, right now. Especially if nothing else hits you in the face at sensible ££££.

Great news Ben, very happy for you that things are moving forward. And closer to you handing over that wedge of cash :smile: which I'm sure you'll be pressing firmly into his palm when it's key collection time :smile:

Couple of pictures I’ve been sent from Beaniesport.
Ordered a Forge intercooler Friday direct from Forge Motorsport and was delivered lunchtime today. Excellent service.
Scorpion downpipe arrived onsite as well this afternoon apparently so good progress expected this week. Still don’t know a finish date but it’s heading the right way.

TFL

IMG_9991.jpg IMG_9990.jpg

Exciting times...can't wait to see that Forge logo showing itself through the front bumper, going to look INSANE.