Are my gains any good?

I'm no expert, but to me it looks like two power runs rather than a before and after comparison.

How many runs did you do? Could be that the wrong two were selected for the graph maybe? I don't know, don't wish to speculate really as Paul knows his onions but that to me, looks like two power run like what you'd do on a shootout day. The traces are near as makes no difference identical, although gains are hard to come by on these engines this does still seem a small gain to be honest...

Completely ignore the BHP numbers and just focus on the gain and trace.

I'm no expert, but to me it looks like two power runs rather than a before and after comparison.

How many runs did you do? Could be that the wrong two were selected for the graph maybe? I don't know, don't wish to speculate really as Paul knows his onions but that to me, looks like two power run like what you'd do on a shootout day. The traces are near as makes no difference identical, although gains are hard to come by on these engines this does still seem a small gain to be honest...

Completely ignore the BHP numbers and just focus on the gain and trace.

The car was on the dyno, made 180 on first run. From
This he did a few more then went to his office thing. Then came back to the car and did around 6 more runs. This again only made around 182. Then went back to his office and came back and did 6 more runs. Max 183.x! He said the car was running around 40 degrees and he wanted it to be around 30! Waited half an hour then tried again. Still no improvement in bhp. Left it at that. His words were' its hard to get gains from these, but the biggest difference will be on the road'

Just can't see how like you say, the graph lines look so similar!

There looks to have been good gains between ~5,200RPM - ~6,000RPM to be fair.

Yeah heat soak or high ambient temperatures aren't good for them.

Like was said earlier, if it drives better and feels better then that's what counts really. :smile:

Mine has just been in k-tec today. With ktr exhaust with decat it made 197.9bhp and after it was mapped it made 208.4.

i have the same mods and mine went up by 5bhp mostly in peak power but it was still 193.7 at it's max haha.

People get some overly optimistic figures on some dynos but i couldn't care less if a print out told me my car had 120bhp, the difference that the remap made on my car was impressive and that's what satisfies me at the end of the day

i have the same mods and mine went up by 5bhp mostly in peak power but it was still 193.7 at it's max haha.

People get some overly optimistic figures on some dynos but i couldn't care less if a print out told me my car had 120bhp, the difference that the remap made on my car was impressive and that's what satisfies me at the end of the day

I have a girlfriend for that :thumbsup:

^^^^^ haha. If you guys are friends with k-tec on Facebook look on there posts by others I put there dyno print out they give me. (Tom Heasman) plus I think last week there dyno was recalibrated so there pretty accurate readings.

Similar Thread Suggestions