Power gains,

Rolling road printout thread is here:

http://www.clio197.net/threads/rr-printout-thread.30911/

With manifold, resonated system, modified airbox inlet, panel filter and remap: my 200 is making 199.8bhp + 158lb-ft. Which is bang on the money with those sort of mods. Many here are right around those figures.

Responsiveness, driveability, torque, smoothness, throttle response etc etc all improve hugely; and the somewhat small number improvements you see alone on paper don't convey the change in the feel and enjoyment of these cars after basic breathing mods. Remap especially.......IMO !

Reactions: Nathandm1987
Great stuff, I've already done these mods, and had the remap, I must admit it does feel a hell of a lot more smoother and the power is there exactly when you want it, flat spot has completely gone as far as I can tell and makes the car so much more of a pleasure to drive, just wondered what to expect when I get it on the dyno, nothing worse than having expectations to high and leave feeling short changed, lol,

Fabulous. Sounds a familiar story...... :smile:

Why you going on a Dyno after its been remapped ? ie: Why wernt power figures done while it was remapped ?

The guy who remapped it didn't tell me it was extra to dyno it aswell and I didn't have the money on me, so I'm having it done at Cgr automotive meet next Sunday,

:rage::rage:Does that mean he had my pants down,

Erm.....it doesn't sound ideal. A true remap in my eyes is 100% tuned to your cars parameters. And hence done whilst its on a rolling road, under different loads , various speeds, gears, throttle positions etc etc

I had mine mapped at Engine Dynamics in Essex. (As was the guys above) :smile:

My final map was after 46 runs on the dyno - tweaking, air, fuel, timing etc etc. This gives you some idea of the time spent to then tweak an initial base-map exactly to a particular and individual car. And hence why a printout was easy to do. And hence again why i questioned why you had no power figures. Most other major tuning companies will be much the same in terms of live-mapping whilst the car is on a Dyno. Some may even do final tweaks via laptop on the open road to cross the T's and dot the I's.

Whilst a generic remap (Which sounds like all yours can be) will i'm sure be better than a standard map. Im not sure it will fully realise your cars potential and be as perfect as it can possibly be.

Reactions: Jimmy
It's all cod balls is it not my hairdryer is std out the box.unless your going to track it race it! it's just a piss in the wind or self wind up.

It's all cod balls is it not my hairdryer is std out the box.unless your going to track it race it! it's just a piss in the wind or self wind up.

Says the man who craves a bit more power and doesn't want another chassis that gets the arse end out with a full tank of fuel on track :smile: And with all due respect - i know you love Spa and your track life. But 90%+ of your miles must be done on the road ?

Its all about individualism IMO. And custom parts / tuning can be for show or because you 'fancy them' agreed Kev. Or they can be specifically bought / fitted to get rid of all those traits you dislike in your car. I don't see it matters if those hates are on track or on road.....

Reactions: kevlar
Says the man who craves a bit more power and doesn't want another chassis that gets the arse end out with a full tank of fuel on track :smile: And with all due respect - i know you love Spa and your track life. But 90%+ of your miles must be done on the road ?

Its all about individualism IMO. And custom parts / tuning can be for show or because you 'fancy them' agreed Kev. Or they can be specifically bought / fitted to get rid of all those traits you dislike in your car. I don't see it matters if those hates are on track or on road.....
Yes agree but it becomes a( bottom less pit re mods)but to improve drive ability yes and yes track time is a small amount of my drive time.But if your willing to donate cash I'll happily go to Spa more often

Reactions: sevenfourate
Yes agree but it becomes a( bottom less pit re mods)but to improve drive ability yes and yes track time is a small amount of my drive time.But if your willing to donate cash I'll happily go to Spa more often

I'd would truly love to donate Kev.

But i'm currently in the middle of a bottomless pit..... :smile:

Erm.....it doesn't sound ideal. A true remap in my eyes is 100% tuned to your cars parameters. And hence done whilst its on a rolling road, under different loads , various speeds, gears, throttle positions etc etc

I had mine mapped at Engine Dynamics in Essex. (As was the guys above) :smile:

My final map was after 46 runs on the dyno - tweaking, air, fuel, timing etc etc. This gives you some idea of the time spent to then tweak an initial base-map exactly to a particular and individual car. And hence why a printout was easy to do. And hence again why i questioned why you had no power figures. Most other major tuning companies will be much the same in terms of live-mapping whilst the car is on a Dyno. Some may even do final tweaks via laptop on the open road to cross the T's and dot the I's.

Whilst a generic remap (Which sounds like all yours can be) will i'm sure be better than a standard map. Im not sure it will fully realise your cars potential and be as perfect as it can possibly be.
Ok, thanks mate, so I shouldn't be completely disheartened, lol, I was ready to go down and completely blow a gasket,