200t tested with pics

a couple have but the "hardcore" version is still an option. my point is that they need to release a proper RS if they want to keep their fans.

Can see where your coming from but cant really compare the market for a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta (for example) and a Clio to be honest - massive difference in price so the clio being more affordable has lower profit margins so Renault need to sell more in order to make more where has Ferrari will have a huge mark up on one car.

Said it before, Renault are just moving with the times and trying now to appeal to a wider market rather than the niche Renault Sport fans, by doing so yes they will annoy a number of people in the niche market with not having the N/A and manual gear box as they always have done but they open up to others. Just unfortunately for them the Fiesta ST has been released at the same time - at a better price and Ford seem to have got things spot on.

Can see where your coming from but cant really compare the market for a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta (for example) and a Clio to be honest - massive difference in price so the clio being more affordable has lower profit margins so Renault need to sell more in order to make more where has Ferrari will have a huge mark up on one car.

Said it before, Renault are just moving with the times and trying now to appeal to a wider market rather than the niche Renault Sport fans, by doing so yes they will annoy a number of people in the niche market with not having the N/A and manual gear box as they always have done but they open up to others. Just unfortunately for them the Fiesta ST has been released at the same time - at a better price and Ford seem to have got things spot on.

would never compare the two- just saying its good when manufacturers give you the options...........even BMW went back to offering the M3 with a manual gearbox, i think in the past was only auto. (with at least one model anyway)

would never compare the two- just saying its good when manufacturers give you the options...........even BMW went back to offering the M3 with a manual gearbox, i think in the past was only auto. (with at least one model anyway)

Agree - would have been nice to have seen the options eg: 3 door and 5 door / Manual and auto but it is what it is. Why Renault didn't give the options i dont know, would have appealed to even more people that way

Think your right, was reading something yesterday on the new M3 / M4

Think your right, was reading something yesterday on the new M3 / M4

Yep, nice article in EVO about the M4... The thing that struck me is the Yanks are now demanding manual cars in the performance sector but us lot aren't even getting it as an option. Where as a few years ago if you had a ''manyul'' over there then people assumed you were a head-mental. It seems Top Gear USA could have a lot to answer for hahaha!!!

Yep, nice article in EVO about the M4... The thing that struck me is the Yanks are now demanding manual cars in the performance sector but us lot aren't even getting it as an option. Where as a few years ago if you had a ''manyul'' over there then people assumed you were a head-mental. It seems Top Gear USA could have a lot to answer for hahaha!!!

Not seen the EVO article, the ones i'd read about BMW were;

http://mobile.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=28555

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=28518

Have drifted off topic onto BMW now haha

ha ha true, lets get back to topic- its about giving the customer an option, BMW did it obviously something happened to make them offer it again as an option, wounder if the same would happen with the clio.

ha ha true, lets get back to topic- its about giving the customer an option, BMW did it obviously something happened to make them offer it again as an option, wounder if the same would happen with the clio.

Maybe a 2014 gordini model - lighter, increase power, recaros, 3 door, manual, brembos

I doubt you will see a 3door, manual, brembos or Recaros on this mk4 Clio to be fair

Don't like it. Don't buy it. Pretty simple ethic really

I'm still getting used to it but let's see how it handles donnington park on the 30th

It well be completely standard so I can get a good baseline for how the mods take effect

Handling will be top of the list

I can't see renault ever adopting recaros again. I reckon they lost so much money over the past few years through changing seat covers.

I reckon you could retro fit the Brembo's almost straight away (somehow) because the clio cup cars are going to be using them.

Why retro fit something that doesn't perform as well as the standard item

The std setup stops the car better than the old 200s on brembos.

Il be waiting for the 356mm alcon 6 pots if anything

Why retro fit something that doesn't perform as well as the standard item

The std setup stops the car better than the old 200s on brembos.

Il be waiting for the 356mm alcon 6 pots if anything
Fair enough, defo wait for the Alcon's mate, especially at that size!

I wonder why their using them on the cup cars then if the new brakes stop faster??

Valid point.

Maybe it's something to do with the whole set up of the car.

Also it maybe the pad compound used is only available in the Brembo caliper fitment

Is it only 270 so far then? The R27 is supposed to be a limited edition and they are more than that! Having said that, 197 cups are less than the R27s lol

Now this is an exaggeration right?

What I was alluding to was if you sat the 200 in a row of dynamique S models you would drive by without giving it a second glance.

I wonder why their using them on the cup cars then if the new brakes stop faster??

Because RACECAR!!!

I'm inclined to think the brakes in the 200T will be quite nicely servo'd. After watching the Harris video review of that alongside the 200T Cup Car, he did make a big deal of pointing out how unassisted the Cup Car brakes were and how much more force was needed on the pedal. If they've ramped up the assistance on the 200T then they could get away with "lesser" parts on the car to reduce costs (both build and maintenance) without sacrificing on the road performance as such. I use the word lesser very loosely by the way...

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
Foxspeed Clio General Chat 2