200t tested with pics

Took this car out today fro City Motors in Bristol. Traffic was heavy so I couldn't put my foot down.

20130705_143630.jpg

20130705_143647.jpg

20130705_143705.jpg

it felt very smooth on acceleration but didn't feel quick, perhaps because I am used to more power and torque. Seats are too soft and recaros need to be an option. It didn't stand out in the row of lesser clio's outside the show room but looked better and more aggressive than magazine pics show. The gear box is a real let down though. It needs to be quicker. Was very frustrating. Compared to the Fiesta it is lagging. Fiesta had a feel of my old Clio 182 Trophy......need to drive again on proper roads and after the fiesta again before I go for one.......at the moment I would choose the fiesta. But looking at the meg, none are as good

20130705_160138.jpg

I can see why none of the press cars were white. Looks decisively ordinary like the rest of the range.

I personally if I had the meg would stick with it or upgrade to higher spec 265. The new Clio just doesn't do it for me with the flappy paddle although it does look incredible in LY.

It's interesting to read people's opinions on the gearbox tho, as the other review in the chat section, said the gearbox was excellent.

one I drove the box did as you wanted....it even changed down on to the blooming rev limiter :rofl:

my mates wifes dynamique nav looks better than this one! Did they intentionally make it look like all the rest of the motability models

Haters gonna hate. Lol

Gearbox for me is fantastic. Doesn't seem to have a problem with dropping/upping a gear instantly in race mode

The seats are ok. Recaros do need to be an option though.

They are definitely quicker than a standard na 200 you just don't realise it because the drama isn't there

Can't wait to let scorpion and forge do their stuff with mine

The fact that you are the only person on this forum with a 200T is a statement in itself Kenny.

The fact that you are the only person on this forum with a 200T is a statement in itself Kenny.

I dont think that's down to choice tbh. Only 270 have been ordered for the UK, and I think 265 of them have experienced delays in the build process.

I still think they look fudging outstanding tbh.

No one has popped up and said they've got one on order tho.

Anyone who has upgraded recently, including yourself, has gone with an ST or a Meg pretty much.

I think if you want a car you'll wait for it, but we're definitely not seeing that here. And we're all supposed to be RS enthusiasts.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
Foxspeed Clio General Chat 2